Monday, October 10, 2011

We're having a girl!!!

We are so excited to be having a girl! Last week I had an ultrasound and they couldn't tell and today it was much more obvious. I'm already in love with her. I've been secretly hoping for a girl (although I would have been happy for a boy too) for the last week or so and I'm just so happy!

Teagan's reaction was "huh??? Ok" and then he just started acting weird because he didn't know what to do. hehe. :)

In the car home I was slightly scatterbrainedly thinking out loud:

Me: "We should stop and have something to eat to celebrate. Teagan are you excited that you're going to have a new baby sister?"
Teagan: "No mom!!!"
Me: "Why not?!?"
Teagan: "If I eat her it will make the baby cry and I don't want to make her to cry."

Made me tear up a little from laughter and from the fact that I know Teagan will be the sweetest older brother to our new baby girl. He is going to love and protect her and it just makes me so happy. (I'm sure they'll fight, but it's really hard for me to comprehend that aspect at this point).

Zac was able to be there and I think he was just relieved that we have a healthy strong little baby growing inside of me. He is going to be the sweetest Dad to a little girl, he's already talking about running off the boys when she gets older. Between Zac and Teagan this girl won't stand a chance!

Now it's time to start planning for all things girly. I have scheduled a bow making weekend with my older sister Julie and I can't wait to pick out colors for bedding and room decor, how fun to not be the only girl anymore!!!

6 comments:

Brian and Elise said...

Congratulations! Maybe the girls will catch up to the boys someday!

::: daegan ::: said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! so happy for you! just be prepared for some sass ;)

Angie said...

Congrats! So exciting!

Megan said...

Awww!! A little girl!! So happy for you guys.

Garth and Alicia said...

So exciting!! Glad SHE is healthy and growing. Hurray for a girl to add to the over population of boys in our family! I need one too... ;) YAY!!

brittneyboucha said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Your little girl will definitely be well protected! She is one lucky little girl!