Just a few fun happenings....
The other day Teagan saw me making dinner so he climbed up and got everything to set the table, without being asked. He was so proud (so was I). He always gets anxious for dinner because he knows that's when Zac comes home.

Today I made this cute little backpack for
Teagan. It is
FARRRR from perfect, but I do think it's pretty fun still. It is the first thing I've ever sewn using an actual pattern by myself. I'm secretly really proud of myself even though it was a very simple pattern.


The good news is that
Teagan doesn't realize that the button holes are wildly terrible and that I busted one of the buttons in half and that the fabric turned out looking a little
girly. His cute face makes up for any imperfection gotta love it.

This is the grand finale. Yesterday we were coloring and
Teagan drew a picture of us together. It was perfect and then he scribbled with blue and yellow all over the top. I'll try to explain (understanding is important to the story). I'm in yellow, you can see my two stick legs, then the three horizontal lines for my stomach, all the red stuff is my eyes, nose, mouth and hair. He's the similar looking one in blue to the left of me.
So as he is drawing me I start asking him about what he's drawing...
Me: "What are those three lines for?" (pointing to the 3 horizontal lines in my mid area)
Teagan: "Oh! (tries to lift up my shirt, I refuse so he lifts up his own and attempts to make fat rolls on his stomach) They're these mommy, on your stomach"
Sad day. Winter go away so I can start running again PLEEEEAAAAAAASSSE!
3 comments:
I am SO impressed with that backpack! It is so cute! That's pretty hilarious about the picture too. My kids would probably draw a similar picture of me. I have been noticing I need to get running too.
Cute backpack. I have the sewing bug too and I can't wait to start my first pattern (a boppy pillow cover). It will be the first zipper I will be attempting by myself so it might not be very pretty. Practice makes perfect.
Aren't kids so observant? Sometimes Olivia hits my pregnant belly like it is a drum.
That's funny about the picture. I need to run, too....
Post a Comment