Zac had a birthday a few days ago, sadly he was at a seminar in Long Beach so we had to celebrate a little early. He got to celebrate all weekend though. Birthday party with us Wednesday, my mom took him to dinner on his birthday (she happened to be at a show in anaheim the same weekend), and some other members of his seminar brought him donuts and sang to him on Saturday.
Things like blowing a deck of cards off of a glass bottle, but leaving the last card...this one, we've decided, is completely impossible!
...and stacking and unstacking 36 plastic cups. This one is almost doable, but it is still really hard. We did a bunch of other ones and it was so fun I think we might be hosting minute to win it parties at our house in the near future.
While Zac was at his seminar I got to hang out with my sister and her family in Salt Lake. They(Julie and Jeff) went on a little overnighter and I stayed with all the little ones, ages 3,3,2, and 2. You'd probably guess that it was insane the whole time, but it really wasn't. They play together so well, I have to admit that I sent them all downstairs to play and read a book for probably an hour one day. They were all so sweet and I really had fun with them. The thing that was crazy was meal times. I'd try to sneak into the kitchen and prepare the food and have it divided up before they came so it wasn't chaotic and they would somehow sense that I was making food and they'd all come running. Then I'd hear four versions of "can I please have food" all at the same time and getting louder and more intent all the time. That was wild.
It was also doable because we watched all three Toy Story movies in the course of about 30 hours...
It was a great weekend and we're ready to be back home and back into our groove. I'm trying to avoid the huge laundry pile right now....but I guess I'll just go face it.

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Zac! Thanks again for babysitting the kids, that was fun to get away! Good luck with the laundry.
I hope Zac got our thoughtful, carefully picked out birthday card. Happy Birthday! I love your update! Sure glad you got to be auntie nanny for a day, how great for all of you. Thanks for the post!
Wow, what an adventure that must've been! I still haven't youtubed "minute to win it"... do you think we could do it with all the kiddos here?
Post a Comment