Today I was reading Teagan some random book from the library for his nap and it was about a servant.
Teagan: "mom, what does servant mean?"
Me: "A servant is someone who does all of the chores for rich people, they make dinner and clean dishes and do laundry and dust and vacuum"
Teagan: "OH! Mommy is a servant!"
Me: "pretty much"
I could go off on some of my deep thoughts on the idea of servitude, but I'll just keep it short. I don't feel like a servant at all, but I really do seem to have the same jobs. Maybe it doesn't seem horrible because I love my family a lot and I want to do things for them so it doesn't seem so bad...and they are always really grateful and loving and that sure eases the burden.
(I wanted to include a picture of me looking like a happy servant in the olden days...but I ended up with a really foggy looking picture of me with a double chin...haha I should leave this stuff up to my mom!)

4 comments:
No, you totally look like a servant in the olden days!
i totally have been feeling like a servant off and on lately. i need to absorb some of your spirit and attitude and press on happily.
carry on happy servant. carry on.
I love the animal kingdom, where mother is "teacher" not "servant". I try to keep that in mind. Unfortunately, our animal babies stay helpless for such a long time. Not to mention the un-babies in our households . . . Another million dollar book idea.
Little boys are the best! I love how their little brains work. You are such a good momma and supportive wife.
PS-What double chin? You are one beautiful lady!
Post a Comment