Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lately...via pictures

We've had a busy week, here is some documentation...

We went to Driggs last weekend. I spent a few short hours (way too short!) at my family's house where Beth taught me how to alter men's dress pants. It was actually really fun and I love learning a new skill! I almost have all of Zac's pants done, one to go. Thank you Beth! and thank you Teagan and Zac and Dad and Rachel for letting Beth and I work on our sewing!

Then we headed south to celebrate the Super bowl with the Daniels family (yes it is a holiday in the Daniels family). Teagan and his adorable cousin Taylin having a tea party with REAL water. He was in heaven. We had delicious food and great company, it was too short too. Why can't weekends last longer?
Teagan got a Valentines pillow and blanket from g-ma and g-pa Daniels that he still hasn't parted with. They are so soft and fuzzy and he takes them wherever he goes. They have been weapons, hiding places, sleeping apparatuses, and homes for his action figures. He had so much fun playing with everyone....

We got to go night skiing with Zac's work this week. Talk about a complete blast!!!! I grew up skiing and tried to be cool and snowboard when I got to be a teen. I was terrible and learned to hate snowboarding passionately. Last night I tried skiing for the first time since I was probably 11 and I LOVED it. So much less painful and cold. Zac is a total pro on the snowboard, I think we might have found something to keep us busy in the winter!
I've been trying to structure our days better to see if I could ever handle homeschooling and be an effective teacher for Teagan. Good thing I have a few years to practice!

We were talking about emotions the other day during learning time and drawing pictures of things that made us happy, sad, and mad. Here were his expressions:

Happy
Funny
Sad
Mad
I've been getting him to do lots more chores and I've noticed an interesting correlation. The more responsibilities I give him the happier and more obedient he is....it's weird, but I'll go with it! Here he is clearing out the silverware and making himself some toast....the toast was a surprise. Seriously he said "mom, I have a surprise, I made me and piece of toast and you a piece of toast, surprise!"

Some of the jobs he does: clear out silverware, sort dirty clothes (still with my help), take clean clothes out of dryer, put them in a basket, and bring them to the kitchen, find all the socks when I folding clothes, put away his clothes, vacuum up crumbs under the table after dinner, and take out garbages. He wants to help with everything I'm doing like making dinner or cleaning bathrooms. He is actually to the point where he is helpful and about 50% reliable. When he gets frustrated I just remind him of the little engine that could and he chants "I know I can, I know I can." Somedays he's more willing then others and the days he's not I just have him do the silverware, even if it takes him two hours, and then he plays while I work. I kind of love it.

Today we played Doctor's office and made hospital beds out of the cushions, we took turns treating each other. Check out his knees.
And in our spare time we turn on music and dance around so I can stop gaining winter weight, it's not working so far...summer please come soon.

7 comments:

Sheen said...

tay is attatched to her blanket and pillow too! i LOVE how soft they are!

she's loving her cinderella too! thank you so much!

we had fun seeing you guys! even though it wasn't long enough.

but we are excited to see you tonight for some swimming! woot!

i haven't skied in years! that's something i've been wanting to do lately. did you take teagan?

see you in a bit. :)

Beth said...

Enjoyed the update. It was too short to see you, don't you need to run some errands in Driggs or something?

Julie said...

So somehow this showed up down the list, but I LOVE this post! Such a fun update! Glad you're enjoying Idaho!

Brian and Elise said...

We're glad that you guys are having fun! Thanks for the update.

Angie said...

How fun! Your blog always gives me ideas. It was fun to see you the other night. I have been singing those songs you taught us and the boys LOVE them!

Sara said...

When you said that Tegan is happiest when he's working--that totally reminded me of Easton. He thrives for that sort of thing and always has for as long as I can remember. Great personality trait to have!

Erin said...

You're such a fantastic mom!!!