Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christmas was SO fun this year. Teagan definitely understood what was going on and talked about Santa Claus constantly. Zac and I decided to start doing Christmas morning at our own house this year and it was so much fun! Teagan was so excited and so were we. I woke up so many times Christmas eve night because I was so excited for Teagan to see what Santa brought.

Zac and I spent 3 hours building this masterpiece Christmas Eve:
Those are the duplo legos and the train tracks that go with them that have been collected for the last 6 months or so. This has been our master plan for a while and it was so fun to see it all work out.

Teagan loved it and played with his trains until we left for Teton valley to see our families.
I caught the moment that he discovered his Batman t-shirt on the tree, love the excited expression! This kid gives such good reactions. He got excited over everything. We got him a mini Buzz and Woody and later that day in the car he randomly said, "thanks mom and dad for getting me my buzz and woody." What a sweet boy, we love him!
Scary picture, fun stocking! Thanks mom!
The only person with better reactions than Teagan is Zac.
After a quick Christmas at our house we headed to the Daniels house in Teton Valley for festivities with Zac's parents. All of his sibling and their families were there and we had a ton of fun with everyone.
Teagan and Taylin are best buddies! Teagan had so much fun with her. He sure loves his Grandma and Grandpa Daniels too!
Then we went to my Dad and Beth's house but I forgot to take pictures, of course. Without any pictures, I still somehow managed to leave my camera there, go figure. We had a ton of fun there too!

Thank you to all of our families for the wonderful gifts and more importantly for inviting us up and letting us enjoy time with you.

The sad news happened on Teagan's birthday when we did cake and ice cream and had no camera for pictures, we did have a good time and might just have to remember in our hearts or something.


This last weekend my sister Julie and her family went up to Teton Valley so almost all of us were able to go stay over with them. We had such a blast! The first day my dad took the kiddos out on snowmobile/sled rides. Teagan loved it for about 10 seconds and then declared that he was cold and headed inside to play. In this picture from back to front we have Rachel, Teagan, Palmer, Ethan(Left side) and Whitney, Sasha, Grant, Kate (right side). They wanted to go again and again and again.


Then the adults got bored and decided to try some tricks. This is Zac with my sister Whitney on his shoulders on a small saucer. Jeff is in the blue coat and I'm the one laughing. Enjoy.


The kids all had a sleepover on the big couch, they put tons of stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows in there and did a lot of jumping and wrestling. It was pretty funny.
They woke up before the adults and snuck upstairs. My dad had put in an old western movie and apparently fell asleep watching it early in the morning (you can see him asleep on the left). The kiddos went and sat quietly on the couch and watched for probably 20 or 30 minutes. (Teagan didn't join them til later). SO FUNNY! I was dying when I saw the scene.
I think my favorite part of the whole holiday season was either laughing my guts out with all of our siblings and parents or watching Teagan have the time of his life with his cousins. The beautiful thing is that we are back in our house and didn't have to pay for expensive flights and be away from home for 2 weeks, but we still got to see everyone and have the fun.

Here's to a Happy New Year, my resolution: Stop explaining myself and hold my tongue! :) What's yours?

4 comments:

::: daegan ::: said...

i'm so glad you had such a great christmas! i bet you just LOVE being so much closer to your families! i overheard you are in my dads ward. you'll have to tell him hello for me ;) and my uncle and rest of family clan. maybe i'll get to see you some day! happy you guys are happy and settled.

btw the word verification is: undys

Beth said...

Great post! Must say that I loved all the pictures. The kids lined up watching an old western is PRICELESS!! They just never knew how fun westerns can be early in the morning. I think that was a puzzled look on their face!

Garth and Alicia said...

I am so glad you are closer! We had a blast getting to spend time with you guys. The pic you missed was all the little nephews and nieces swarming Zac all weekend. I look forward to many more get togethers!! Love ya!!

Angie said...

Love the Christmas Eve surprise! Sorry we missed you in Alta. Love all the pics!