Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thoughts

-I love that it gets pitch black at night here. We had to actually buy a night light...incredible.

-I love not living right in the city.

-Maybe 10 miles is too far out of town though...still trying to get used to this new life of mine.

-I sometimes wonder why everybody else is content to just stay inside all day every day, I'm going NUTS!

-I tried to take Teagan outside yesterday since it was so warm (40!) and he told me "MOM! The wind is blowing me away!!!! We need to go inside." I was fine with that since that wind was FAREEEZING!

-I always thought that it was incredible how you can stay warm in snow caves and tunnels when I was a kid. Now I think it's a HORRIBLE phenomenon, because the mice figured it out and they are all making homes in my yard.

-I see our neighbor's cat's killing and dragging off mice from our yard daily. I used to hate cats, now I think they're very useful and I might go as far as to pet one one of these days.

-I am usually the only person on the road driving, except on Sundays, then it's PACKED and we have to actually stop at stop signs, weird, we must be in Idaho.

-I need a hobby or some projects or something! Problem: they all seem to require money.

-I am so excited for paychecks!

-Yesterday Teagan kept asking "where's stinkin pee, where's stinkin pee?!?!?!" I was very confused and tried to figure out what he was saying, finally he found the lego guy from Toy Story "Stinky Pete" and said "Oh, here's stinkin' pee mom!" HAHAHAHAHAHA

-I love Teagan so much! I would be so lonely and bored all day without him. He is so much fun to be around.

-A couple days ago he accidentally hit my chest and said "OH! sorry mom! Did I hit the baby?!?" I replied, "Oh no Teagan, there isn't a baby in mommy's tummy." Teagan immediately folded his arms and said "Heavenly Father, please put a baby in mommy's tummy, amen" then smiled at me and went right along with what he was doing (reading me stories from his scriptures).

-I hope his prayer gets answered sooner than later.

-Note: this is Teagan's story from the scriptures, "And it came to pass, Nephi built a boat, laman and lemuel mean and no help, angel say help build boat, laman and lemuel say OKAY, amen" Anytime he sees scriptures he opens them up and tells us the story about Nephi, I love it!

-I'm going to go build legos for him now...you'd think with all this free time I have these days I'd be a little more productive, but what's a day without spending a few hours playing with legos?

3 comments:

Kim Sigety said...

This is a warning to all the cats of your neighborhood: I HAVE SEEN HOME VIDEOS OF WHAT THIS WOMAN CAN DO TO A CAT! IT MAY LOOK LIKE INNOCENT PETTING - BUT SHE'S RUTHLESS! ;) haha Just kidding Melis...but remember that movie of you as a little girl flinging a cat around and rubbing your face on its behind? Ah, I'm laughing just thinking about it. I think I 'stinkin peed' a little bit when we watched that in high school ;)

Also, I hope your next little baby decides to come to you soon too! You're such a fun mommy :) I'll echo little Teagans prayers. So cute!

Happy lego-ing you beautiful girl.

STAY WARM!

Who da ho? I da ho!

Miss you friend :)

Megan said...

Our kitty formerly known as LULU is enormous, I was just looking at him and thought of you and Teagan holding him/her when he/she was a tiny baby and thought I'd better check your blog :) I will also be praying you get a baby in your belly soon, that is so sweet!

Beth said...

Love the fun updates on your family! Best free hobby ever: the local library! I love walking out with an armful of books that cost me nothing. Also, they usually have toddler story times that make a great outing. (And lots of children story books.) Counted cross stitch is the next best cheap hobby. I did TONS in my 20s when I had time but no money. Why be content to stay inside during the winter? Because when spring and summer hit, it is light outside for about 18 hours a day and you are doing tons of chores. We are enjoying our quiet break time, because it will soon enough be OVER! I bet when the stress of moving, new job, new house, and no money are over, you'll pop up pregnant - good luck with that!