Friday, January 21, 2011

Singing a few months later...

I took this video of Teagan this morning and thought I should share his vocal improvements. Remember when he would only sing "LA LA LA la la la LA LA LA." He was old enough to go to primary this year in church and ever since his first week he has loved singing. He learns so fast now and is always requesting specific songs.

His number one favorite for the last few days is "I am a Child of God" which I love too. Here he is for your enjoyment (He has a rough time starting and actually blesses the food before he gets going, hehe) :
In case you can't understand him here are the words:

I am a Child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home,
With parents kind and dear,
Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me,
Help me find the way,
Teach me all that I must do, to live with him someday.

I love the words to this song, we have so much responsibility as parents. We've been entrusted with such sweet angels, and it's our job to show them all that they need to do to return to their Heavenly Father. We can't rely on everyone else to teach them, we were chosen to be the parents for our individual children for a reason.

On a lighter note, look at that incredible snowman Zac and Teagan built Saturday!!! With all this hot and steamy weather we've had lately the whole thing has almost melted, but it was fun to look at for a few days.

5 comments:

Julie said...

That little voice is SO precious! Thanks for the reminder too!

I loved your random thoughts too. Makes me want to do one!

Cristine Garrison said...

what a sweet little voice :)

Angie said...

That is one awesome snowman! I can't wait to see your house! :)

Megan said...

Incredible :)

Kim Sigety said...

Love the picture of Teagan and Zac! Favorite part? They both have the same smile...haha Too fun :)