Our life is coming to a corner and I'm so excited to find out what will be there once we go around the bend. (Name that book anyone?) Zac graduates in just over 2 months and we will be moving who knows where and it is so exciting. Even though I'm a little insane wishing that I knew where we're going to end up, I'm just grateful that my life is so exciting in a good way. We have things to look forward to, and that makes life very interesting.
Can you believe that when we moved here Teagan was this little guy:
Funny conversations of late:
I had just emptied out one of those 25 pound bags of wheat into a bucket and the bag was sitting by the door waiting to be taken out. I hear Teagan messing with the bag and then some leftover kernels spread out over the floor. He looks at me holding his batman motorcycle:
Me: "Teagan, did you just dump wheat all over the carpet?!?"
Teagan: "Oh! Sorry mom! Batman driving a wittle crazy"
Me: "Ok, tell him to be more careful next time, lets go get the vacuum" (Then I laughed myself silly)
Love and Logic at it's best:
I cleaned up all of Teagan's legos and the bin was still in the living room just before lunch time. While I was making his lunch he went and dumped them ALL out. I was infuriated and swore I'd never clean up another toy!
Me: "oh, this is sad because you can't eat your delicious lunch until all of the legos are cleaned up. Just so you know, naptime is in thirty minutes."
Teagan: "Oh, okay mom!"
He never cleaned them up and took a nap without lunch...he finally cleaned them up that afternoon when his hunger finally kicked in. The next day we had the legos out and I suggested that Teagan only take out as many legos as he wants to clean up. He was enthusiastic about the new idea. Then Zac came in and dumped them out (unaware of me and Teagan's great idea)
Teagan: "Oh no! Daddy dump out legos!!! No me clean up legos, daddy dump out legos, daddy clean up legos!!!" ( he was very concerned)
Zac: "okay don't worry"
3 or 4 hours later it was time to clean up and apparently Teagan kept careful track of who played with which legos.
Me: "okay, time to clean up the legos"
Teagan: "These legos, teagan get out, teagan put these legos away" (pointing to a small car he had built) "Those legos daddy dump out, daddy put away."
HE LEARNED SOMETHING!!!!! WHOOOOOO! I can't believe I actually taught him to be responsible. I'm proud as punch. Hopefully he remembers this lesson for the rest of his life....I seriously doubt it, but a mother can dream right?
-Today Teagan picked me a flower and gave it to me without any promptings.
-Teagan has switched from saying "Come play with me" all day to "tell me a story pleeeaaassse mommy." He requests stories about Batman and Robin and if I don't agree to them his second choice is Nephi building the boat, followed by Ammon chopping off arms....he knows he can get me with the scripture stories. :)
WHAT DO YOU KNOW?
I would like some advice/help on a few topics:
1. What do you know about homeschooling? I had a very cool experience that has lead me in a direction of just learning more about it. You can ask me about it if you want but I don't want to put it on here. Anywho, I'm curious if you know anyone who home-schools, or if you do, or if you've considered it, and please don't say the cliche "I know people who were home-schooled that are weird," because obviously that's judgmental and I'm not concerned with my children being weird, I was weird and I seem to have landed a pretty incredible life. I'm just curious to hear about people's experiences with home-school.
2. Do you have a Physical Therapist or know a Physical Therapist? If you do, you should probably ask them if they are looking to hire a young, strapping, brilliant, talented new grad from the University of St. Augustine. :) Seriously though, word of mouth and "who you know" really seem to be great ways to get a job. Zac got offered his first job the other day, it's an incredible clinic that is Zac's ideal job, but it's in Artesia, New Mexico and that's 20 hours from the closest family member so who knows what will happen with that. Today seemed promising in the Southeastern Idaho area and he has a few phone interviews lined up. One place in Vegas seems promising but I don't know if I can live there, how would I plant the garden I've been dreaming of ever since I became a hippie?!?! We're starting to relax a little because it seems like there is a bigger need for PTs than we originally thought, but finding the right clinic is a trick. If you asked me or Zac right now I think we'd both say that we have NO clue where we'll end up, but I'm happy to imagine us ending up somewhere though. So if you have a lead for Zac, email me! 143daniels@gmail.com

5 comments:
ANNE ANNE ANNE!!!!!!
1. Yes, I did think long and hard about homeschooling. In the end I thought my kids would have a better experience learning in a private school setting rather than having me as teacher and mom. I was too worried about my patience level. Marle is now in the 7th grade and Gabe is in the 3rd and we have never regretted our choice to go private.
2. Yes, I do know oodles of PT's. As You know, I work as an SLP in a clinic with other OT's and PT's here in Idaho Falls. The lady that owns the clinic also has one in Rexburg. Do you want me to see if she is looking for a PT? If you wanna email me: padronbrenda@yahoo.com or call 208-221-1094
Yes, I know about home-schooling since we just spent last year doing that with Rachel and I think Rachel is turning out to be a fabulous young lady. Confident, not boy-crazy or clothes crazy. Sweet and respectful and lovely to be around. I do recommend going with the public school option of homeschooling (all states seem to be doing it now). You end up with transcripts, good curriculum, you are then the "learning coach" and someone else takes the hit on grading and ultimate responsibility, you get standardized testing and it is all free to you (books, computer, internet). It takes you out of the crazy home-schooling world and you get the best of both worlds, the resources of public school and the best private school provided at home. Boys do need lots of physical activity so plan on that . . . I loved your love and logic story, I laughed until tears had to be wiped away. Funny!!!
We are excited to see where you are going and what you will be doing. Let us know!!
I can not believe the time has gone by so fast, seems like just the other day we saw you guys moving into rock springs and were so excited to see baby gear. I still think you guys should look into the Denver area...I'm actually there now and not sure if I'm coming back, we should know by Monday if Devon is going to get a job at the air force base here. :)
So excited for you and your soon to be new adventures! :)
Post a Comment