Monday, October 4, 2010

Is that a Season we see????

Although the weather of San Diego has been nothing short of incredible, this family that began in the bitter cold of Idaho has missed the occurrence of seasons. Seasons really do not exist here. Summer does and spring does a little. But it rarely rains and definitely never snows, although it did hail one time. I remember 2 thunder storms which were VERY mild compared to what we've seen in Idaho. That cold crisp air when the leaves change colors doesn't exist.

Now summer is my very favorite season in the world which is why I haven't gotten tired of it for the last two years, but after that long my bones are finally itching for a change, which is why I have welcomed the rain of the last few days with open arms. We leave all the doors and windows open and bundle up because it's a freezing 59 degrees outside. :) But I just want to enjoy the smell and that difference in temperature.

My dilemma: I LOVE the seasons, but what I want does not exist:

Fall:2 months of colors changing, jacket weather with crisp nights. Soup days.
Winter: 1 month of getting snowed in, snowmobiling, making snowmen, sipping hot chocolate while watching the snow pour down, christmas lights and all that.
Spring: 2 months of flowers blooming, rainy days and the world turning green
Summer: 7 months of pools, BBQs, parades, VB at the park, Beach days, flip flops and t-shirts and vacation!

It doesn't exist because I want a rather harsh winter for that one month and a mild summer (never over 100) for those 7 months. Oh and another requirement, no in-between seasons, I have to go to sleep with snow drifts and wake up to blooming flowers. :)

Well for now we'll enjoy our 1 day of rainy weather. Teagan, of course, has no clue about season changes, but he sure thought that water coming out of the sky was awesome!




While we were playing in the rain my 11-year old neighbor randomly said "Melissa, you look like you're pregnant" very matter-of-factly, and that, my friends, is worse than not being pregnant for the umpteenth month in a row. Guess it's time to start running again. :)

AND in case anyone is wondering, Zac will be interviewing in Las Vegas, NV and Burley, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, and Blackfoot Idaho in the next month or two. Sorry Utah fans! There are NO opening in the Salt Lake area, but we'll keep looking! One company is flying all three of us up for an interview in a few weeks, whoo whoo! Wine and dine me if you please, I am SOOO ready to not be students anymore.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I am totally on board for your season line up. That sounds perfect. Except that ski resorts have snow for 6 months.

I'm going to keep hoping a Utah clinic will call (or is that an Utah?) Fun talking to you tonight!

Angie said...

ooooo maybe we'll see you soon then, eh?

Megan said...

That top picture of your little man is so cute! Very cool that you and Teagan get to be included on Zac's trip, good luck!!

Kim Sigety said...

Ah, the California weather. I remember the days - so lovely! But you're right, a little change is nice :)

Happy interviewing! You guys deserve to be "courted" now that you've put your time in as students. Can't wait to see where your adventures take you!

Oh, and about your little neighbor boy's prego comment: I went to a bbq a few months back and like 4 different people asked if I was pregnant too. Who do these people think they are?! haha Unless someone is like 9 months pregnant - I don't even contemplate asking that question. Funny the comments other people make. I'm going to pretend that the people who asked if I was pregnant actually meant to ask if I was Heidi Klum. I'm sure that's what they meant ;) That makes me feel better. haha You're beautiful Miss Melis and I love ya :)

Keep us posted about your interviews!

daegan said...

that's exciting you and your little fam get to venture to some place new! even though, moving sucks... it will be fun to see where you end up! congrats to zac and his hard work and you melissa for your hard work and support! you guys are awesome! teag is getting b i g. funny, the word verification is: "bigens". so i guess he is getting bigens.

Krista said...

I would love those seasons too! Winter is just too long with spring and fall seeming too short most of the time.

Beth said...

I've got it, here is how you make those season happen. You live like Alta residents who are retired. Stay in Alta from May through October, you get your pleasant spring, summer, and fall weather; then head to Arizona from Nov through April to get some more perfect summer weather. But come back to Alta in December for a few weeks to get the snowy Christmas, snowmobiles, and skiing. I wonder if we will ever get to do that . . .

Garth and Alicia said...

That sounds perfect to me-season wise. Teagan is so cute-you're such a fun mom to go out and play in it! And your 11-year old neighboor was just noticing your full volumptuous boobs. Good luck-I hope the interview process goes great! For selfish reasons I hope you end up close to us! But also hope you get a job in a local you love!!