Sometimes we are on a healthy streak and sometimes we are not. Last weekend we were not. Too many fried foods, M&Ms, and doughnuts led to some major stomach aches in this house. Man, once your body gets used to healthy food it REJECTS the bad stuff. So I decided to put us through detox yesterday and today. It's been fantastic. Green smoothie for breakfast and split pea soup and whole wheat rolls for dinner yesterday. Today we had homemade spaghetti but we used spaghetti squash instead of noodles and had a side of broccoli (I don't know if you noticed but that meal is made of ONLY vegetables, except for the small amount of turkey meat in the sauce, I have never been more proud).
WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I'm not so exhausted and grumpy and fat and blah. I have energy and actually feel normal. I think my body really likes veggies and fruits! Now we can go back to normal, well balanced meals and I'll try not to buy the supersize bag of peanut butter m&m's again....that was the death of me.
Teagan decided to go get his leftover smoothie and drink it last night. He decided to lounge on the couch and drink it which lead to him dumping it all over his neck and chest, lovely. It looks like nasty baby food, but in reality it tasted like pineapple-peach-banana goodness.
Teagan wore his Halloween costumes for about 3 days straight. He loves helping me transfer flour from the wheat grinder to our wheat bucket.
Seven weeks from today will be my last night in this apartment. I think I might cry when I leave this place, which is VERY strange for me because I am not at all sentimental about goodbyes. I guess it's a little scary to move to a new place and have to make new friends, mostly exciting though. I will be sad to leave a really great ward at church and some really great friends that I've made. I'll mostly miss being able to take a short 2 hour drive to see my mom whenever I want. Today a friend told me, "you guys are really moving into the grown-up stage now, how does it feel." I think it feels good. We are ready, I'm sure I'll laugh hysterically at this in 20 years, but I honestly think that we've really matured a lot while we've lived here ... in some ways, other ways we might be digressing. :)
Maybe my next post will be announcing our future town of residence...any predictions???

4 comments:
Idaho Falls, OF COURSE!!!
What Angie said...
Wow! We are SO on the same wavelength Melis :) I made spaghetti squash for the first time on Sunday - and I'm a little bit in love with it. It's so much lighter than regular pasta...delicious! I'm still trying to be like you and adopt the "flexi-vegan" lifestyle...but I tend to feel like something's missing when I don't eat enough protein. So I found some lunchmeat without nitrates that isn't too expensive, and it helps tide me over when I need a little extra protein. And I still like me some chicken :) Oh, and I found a multivitamin that is reasonably priced and seriously AWESOME. I'm writing a blog post about it now cause I love it so much. Check my blog soon for that. I didn't know a vitamin could make such a difference. It's great!
At first glance I thought you took a picture of your child post throwing-up...glad that wasn't the case!! haha Green smoothies sure don't look good, but they taste heavenly, huh? Close our eyes and drink up!
And as for the supersize bag of Peanut Butter M&M's? Our guilty pleasure (and stomach ache inducer)as well. haha Man I love sugar. If I keep sweets in the house my willpower goes out the window. So I've tried not to buy them lately. But who are we kidding...I crave treats so much that I'll make a whole batch of cookies if that's what it takes. Oh well, healthy meals and delicious desserts...welcome to my life. lol
Finally, you asked where we, your readers, think you'll go on your next adventure? Come on Melis -Who da ho? YOU da ho! You'll be moving to IDAHO!
Love you my dear. Have a great day.
Oh, and would you please email me your recipte for tortillas? I made whole wheat flax waffles the other day and pizza dough too. They both turned out great! Maybe making bread isn't so difficult after all. Thanks!
Love the update and the green, cheery mess! I've seen the physical therapy place in Blackfoot, that is my guess. Jon Huntsman is from Blackfoot, he did pretty good. And gotta love the Eastern Idaho State Fair!
Post a Comment