Thursday, September 23, 2010

Duplo Legos are Amazing!

I've been in the search of the perfect toy. I think I've finally found it...Duplo Legos. There are a lot of types of building toys and I've decided that these are the ones for families. We've decided to get rid of all our mega bloks and building bloks and start collecting these:
PROS:
-They actually stick together, unlike mega bloks
-There are more button/hole things on top and since they are 2 wide you can be WAY more creative
-Not a choking hazard so the whole family (including tiny ones) can play with them
-Don't require as much fine-motor control as tiny legos
-With fewer pieces you can build a house big enough for action figures
-You can make ANY toy out of these babies. Today we made a swimming pool, robots, a tunnel, tanks, trains, houses, airplances, you name it we can build it. Teagan is learning some amazing creative skills.
-This is the only toy we've taken out in 3 days and he's still playing with them and loving it.



I'm sold on them and that will probably be what Teagan will be getting for Christmas and birthdays while we try to build up a large set. They can be a little pricey so it will take some time, but that's okay, what we have now, thanks to my glorious mother, will be perfect while he's still little.

I really want to have a couple sets of amazing toys so that I can rotate them and not have to have a million different types of toys. What are the toys that your kids LOVE to play with? The ones that they all play with together for hours? What did you love playing with as a kid? I was thinking that maybe the great outdoors might be one of the toys that I rotate. You know, blocks get put away for the summer or something crazy like that... What do you think?

PS: He has been wearing those PJs ($1.75) for the last 30 hours and he does NOT want to take them off....

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love them! You've got me hooked. Something my kids really like is Mega Bloks, you should look into them.

Brian and Elise said...

Even just regular legos, our boys LOVE. Especially Ethan. Ethan can also play with cars for hours. I would say those are Ethan's favorites. Grant loves to draw and color. They also do love the big foam blocks that we made for them. Hope this helps! Cute post. That's fun that he loves legos. They are tons of fun!