We haven't been getting chances to visit great grandma Packer as often so we decided to make a special trip to visit her one Saturday. It was so much fun spending time with her. The kids loved playing with all her fun, old-fashioned toys. I had the chance to admire the amazing quilts she's been working so hard on for all of her great-grandchildren for when they graduate. My favorite part was going downstairs and looking at all of her old records. She has a record player and we listened to a few. The sound quality wasn't great, but it was still so cool.
She told me that she used to listen to records with her dad when she was younger. Most of the music was classical, she talked about playing the violin and how they recorded a song with her orchestra (I think, I'm a little sketchy on the details). It was just such a cool experience to listen with my grandma and imagine her listening with my great grandpa. Music is an amazing thing.
We knew that coronavirus was coming so we went before it made its way to the United States. We watched as China, South Korea and Italy all completely shut down and we knew that it was only a matter of time before we had to shut down too. I'm SO glad that we were able to go visit her, we probably won't be able to again for months.


No comments:
Post a Comment