Everly is about 6 weeks old and we have had a rough couple of weeks. We had a really nasty dry cough that went through our whole family and it was the worst for Everly. It was a cough that kept each of us up at night for several days when we had it, Everly's last more like 2 weeks though. She would cough and then start choking on the mucus and then we would have to suck out her mouth so that she could breathe again. Her whole face would turn blue and it was so scary, I've never experienced that with any of my other babies. During the worst few days she was "choking" every 30-45 minutes day and night. I felt like I couldn't leave her out of my sight because the choking was silent so if I wasn't looking at her I would miss it. I don't think I've ever been that tired before. I slept on the couch and put her in her swing right next to my face so that I would hear her and wake up. After a few night in a row I just got too tired and I wasn't waking up anymore so Zac took over. I would go to bed at 8 and sleep until 12 while Zac took a shift, then he would sleep until 6 while I took a shift and then I'd go back to bed for a few hours while he was up with the kids in the morning. It felt like it would never end, but it did! We made it through alive and so did Everly. I'm so grateful that she is feeling better now. I felt so bad for her. I did become an expert at the baby heimlich and sucking the junk out of the back of her throat. It got to the point where I didn't freak out everytime it happened too which was good.
I think the most memorable moment from the whole ordeal was one moment when she started choking and was blue and I had her over my knee and was hitting her back and sucking out her mouth. Meanwhile, Adeline was trying to get on my shoulders, Eloise was throwing a tantrum about not being able to have a friend over, and Teagan was trying to explain to me all about his pokemon cards. I think my words to them were along the lines of, "Can you guys give me a minute? Can you not see that your sister is dying right now?!?"
Even though she was sick, she still hardly ever cried and would go right back to sleep after having a choking fit, the kids are still in love with her cuteness.
I think this is the first sibling picture, they are so beautiful, and looking so grown up with that tiny little baby girl!
Eloise and Adeline ask me to put Everly by them all the time on the couch. Everly definitely gets plenty of attention. Notice how big her pajamas look, they are newborn size! She lost weight when she was sick because I just couldn't get her to eat very well. She stayed newborn size until she was about 2 months old.

No comments:
Post a Comment