Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My Funny Adeline

Adeline has been saying such funny things the last few days so I am trying to write them down for memories because I keep forgetting.

Tonight her prayer:
"Thank you for Eloise and Teagan and mom and Dad and Adeline and Jesus and Santa Claus..."

Today we went to the store because Teagan wanted to buy pokemon cards.  As we were leaving the parking lot Adeline was feeling pretty bad and crying:

"I just didn't get anything at the store today, like I didn't even get my Snow White lego (pronounced yay-go) set.  I guess we need to go to sam's club and get my lego (yay-go) set."

I don't know why that one made me laugh so hard, she was just so matter of fact about it.

Today I was giving some suggestions for activities and I suggested going downstairs and playing with the kitchen set and kitchen toys.

Me: "Can you go down and get me a piece of pizza and put it on a plate for me"  (they have a pretend pizza that can be cut into pieces)

Adeline, looking very confused: "No, I can only get you a piece of bread if you are hungry"


She sees the world and interprets things very literally, she is quickly earning the nickname, "literal Larry."  She doesn't understand sarcasm or teasing at all and always becomes confused and responds so funny.  I am going to start writing down all the funny interchanges, we sure love this cutie pie!



No comments: