Adeline had a rough day. I didn't really notice because I was running kids here and there and everywhere for piano, soccer, more soccer, and scouts. By the time I went to put her to bed she was a mess and wouldn't let go of me. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, she usually loves to be read to, but she wouldn't even listen to the book, she was just fussing and thrashing around trying to scratch me. I had the thought that she needed to be hugged, for a long time. I thought that she needed to be hugged until I counted to 200. So I sat and hugged her so tight. I slowly counted to 200 and she held on tight the whole time too. I am so weak that my arms were actually starting to get tired, which made me laugh. I finally let go and she breathed a little sigh of relief, crawled into her blankets and asked for me to read. I did our normal bedtime routine with a book and song and she went right to sleep. I sometimes forget that Adeline needs touch. She needs cuddles and hugs and kisses, more than me or the other kids. I need to remember to fill her cup more often.
Veggie Smoothies
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment