Friday, September 21, 2012

I love to see the Temple

We decided to pack up and head to the Brigham City, Utah Temple open house last weekend.  When our church builds temples they have a few weeks when anybody can go in and take a tour.  Then they dedicate the temple and you can only go in if you are an adult member of our church.  It's pretty rare to be close enough to a temple being built to actually go inside with our kids.   Zac called on Monday and said he felt like it would be a good thing for our family to go, so we went (love having a man who plans!).  It was really fun.  Although, 5 hours in the car in one afternoon wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

Teagan thought the slippers they put over our shoes were awesome.  He really wanted to take them home.  


He was so sweet, he was so curious and had tons of questions as we walked through the rooms.  He wanted to know who the people in the paintings were and the scripture stories they were about.  He was really excited about he baptismal font.  "Mom, is that a hot tub?  Is the water warm?  Do you think I can go swimming in there?"  We told them that if he was quiet and reverent that he would be able to feel a special feeling and spirit while we were in the temple.  At one point he put his hand on his heart and told me he felt a special feeling right then.  I hope he remembers forever how special the temple is!


Eloise was very well behaved, but I think her neck might have been sore from that huge flower.  :)
 Teagan was enthralled about the gates around the temple and how they work.

It was a great Friday afternoon to spend as a family.  It was fun to teach Teagan more about temples and why they are so important.  I'm so grateful that I will be with my family forever, they are amazing!