We had a wonderful Christmas this year, it was a little crazy, but a good kind of crazy. Now that the company is gone, it feels a little empty around here.
The sad news is that I left my camera at Teagan's preschool a few days before Christmas and just got it back, so all of these pictures I had to steal off my mom's camera (it took us a long time to figure out how to take a non-blury picture) and my little sister's camera. At least there are pictures though!
My mom made these awesome crepe paper balls for every single member of our family. I bet she spent 30 hours or more making them!!!! As you unwrapped the ball there were treasures hidden in the layers of crepe paper. It was like opening a stocking. The kids and adults had a lot of fun with it! That was a labor of love if I've ever seen one, I was very happy that we opened them at my brother's house though, they were a bit messy. :)
It started with a yummy dinner and then we moved on to the musical sing-a-long which was my favorite part. Everyone was kind enough to play along with my dorkiness and they brought their musical instruments and we had a little talent show. :)

Zac wowed us with a fun game of "Name that Tune" on the trumpet. He is such a good sport! I think that this was my favorite part. (that is our niece, Lily who LOVES Zac)
Jingle bells was awesome on the violin, I can't wait until Teagan is old enough to start lessons!
Zac wowed us with a fun game of "Name that Tune" on the trumpet. He is such a good sport! I think that this was my favorite part. (that is our niece, Lily who LOVES Zac)
Zac is a pro...he didn't even practice for this, just whipped out the trumpet from 9th grade and was sight reading. I was so impressed! If I had to break out my middle school instrument (the violin) it would be a scary sound!
My mom had her Ukelele, how did we forget to have her do a solo for us?!?!?! Next year for sure!
We had several piano/xylophone duet attempts, good times...I think I better start practicing for next near right now, I am not a performer! Whitney and my mom were dreams though!
Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer is always a treat when you've got this cute family singing!
We had a wonderful holiday season, I felt so lucky to be close to family and to have a home for the first time this year. We loved being able to see almost all of our family over the course of the last couple weeks. If only we could spend this much time with family all year round. Now it's time for us to get ready for our sweet baby girl to come. I have 9 weeks left and I have a feeling they are going to fly because I have lots to do! Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:
Wow 9 weeks? That flew for me! I wasn't the pregnant one though. ;) Christmas looked so fun and full of family! Love you guys!
Post a Comment