Friday, December 16, 2011

Lazy Days

Today is one of those days where I'm feeling the pregnancy. Some days I feel normal, others are lay around in my pjs and rest days. LUCKILY, my little boy is almost 4 and he is so awesome to go with the flow. Today he was so excited when I told him we were going to be relaxing and staying home. From the time Zac left (7 am) until almost 9 we laid in my bed and had oodles of fun. I thought I'd share some of our fun games because honestly, they're fun for both of us and sometimes you just need good ideas. These work in the car too!

(A lot of these come from an OLD book my mom gave me called "The Everything Book" it is the best ever!)

-Play "hide and seek" with your imagination. We take turns hiding somewhere (anywhere) and the other person guesses where we are. For example, "I'm hiding somewhere in the basement." Then Teagan guesses where it is, kind of like 20 questions or something.

-You can also hide items..."I'm hiding a pen somewhere in this room." I always end up laughing a ton because Teagan thinks of the most RANDOM stuff! Usually he ends up hiding himself in the snow outside (imaginatively) or hiding a batman toy under the couch or something.

-Play "I see something" (20 questions on a 4 year old level). I just start out by giving vague clues about an object in clear sight, he tries to guess and I give more specific clues until he gets it. Ex, I see something that is bigger than my hand, this something is red, this something keeps me warm at night, this something is fluffy....(it's a quilt if you didn't guess, :) He takes turns with this too so I have to guess what he's looking at, he usually gives clues like "I see something that I use to brush my teeth" lol.

-I drew a big circle face on a piece of paper then we took turns adding parts to the face. We also did this with letters of the alphabet making them into other stuff like monsters and people.

-Coloring was fun.

-Reading books, I let him find letters on the pages and asked him lots of questions to make them stretch out longer.

-We practiced writing letters and he would tell me what he thought the letters looked like, it was pretty funny.

-Take turns humming a song and guessing what it is.

I can't remember what else, but it was awesome for several reasons:
1. I was able to rest and take it easy without ignoring my sweet boy.
2. Most of these activities are pretty educational, I love activities that develop his imaginative skills!
3. No television required. I really do hate putting Teagan in front of the TV, he loves it, but he just goes totally blank and gets super ornery with me. I don't like sitting in front of the TV either, my brain starts to die.
4. I'm feeling like a great mom and I just laid in bed in my PJs for 2 hours, can't beat a good self esteem! (And now I'm ready to get up and get to work)

Off to the laundry and bathrooms...oh joy! I'm so excited for a weekend with my boys!

2 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

Those are cute ideas! Thanks for sharing!

brittneyboucha said...

Thanks for your fun ideas. I like to get good ideas on blogs, but i have to brace myself to not feel guilty that i don't as many fun things as other moms. Your christmas blog was perfect! i love your sweaters. you and zac are so fun! My fvorite part about christmas is our christmas devos too. Alyssa calls the "family home evening." Braden says "lets do christmas!"