Monday, December 20, 2010

One Last Hoorah!

Our "One last Hoorah" in San Diego was great! The Price is Right is the greatest show ever invented! I forgot to take pictures 75% of the time...I don't know why I'm always doing that. The hotel was great and we had a gorgeous view of San Diego bay. We were on the 12th floor and really enjoyed pretending to be rich enough to stay at that fancy of a hotel.

We had a great time with Zac's parent's for the week. We went to Disneyland, Lego Land, ate at really fun restaurants, and took a bike ride on Coronado Island. The last day it was probably 80 degrees outside and we got to spend a couple hours soaking up the heat by the Hotel Del Coronado. It was great. I only took pictures at the amusement parks and Zac's graduation (I'll do a separate post for that though).

We went to Disneyland Wednesday and Teagan spent a lot of the day on Grandpa's shoulders, he fell in love with Grandpa Daniels and was his little pal all week.
Thanks everyone for humoring me and going on It's a Small World! I love that ride at Christmas time, it is so darn festive I can't hardly get enough of it. Teagan loves it too.
Teagan was SO excited to meet Santa. We didn't have to wait in line too long and we got at least one great picture!
This merry-go-round was right next to a big roller coaster that me and Zac got to ride together. Teagan probably rode it 10 times with Grandma and Grandpa, he loved it! It was so fun to go to Disneyland with so many adults and only one child, we got to go on some fun rides that we normally can't ride with Teagan!
This was for the Toy Story ride which is Zac's absolute favorite ride. I think it's Teagan's second favorite (Buzz Lightyear is the favorite). On every ride Teagan wanted to ride with Grandma and Grandpa, he had so much fun.
Thursday we went to Lego land and I think Teagan was in heaven. It is built for younger kids, I'd say ages 3-8 would be prime. He loved all the legos everywhere and kept pulling us over to show us. I have to admit that I loved it too. Legos are the best!
Teagan loved this ride. He got to actually drive his own car and he did a pretty dang good job of it too...until he stopped caring so much there at the end.
This ride was hilarious. I opted out since there could only be four and I'm glad I did. It was way fun to watch from the sidelines. There were four teams, each has their own truck. You get in the truck and Teagan and Shelly steered while Zac and Kurt where pumping to move the truck across the track, it was a race of course. Kurt and Zac might be considered slightly competitive and they left all the 12 year olds in the dust. Teagan suffered a minor head injury, but all for a good cause. The Daniels team was triumphant!
They had this whole area where they had HUGE models of famous buildings built out of tiny legos. It was so cool! My favorites were all the Las Vegas hotels. I couldn't believe how many legos that they had to use for those buildings, it was incredible.
Friday we had a blast at the Hotel. We exercised, soaked in the hot tub, played some round robin ping pong, and enjoyed the Wii. We had some things to do at Zac's school that afternoon so Teagan got to spend some quality alone time with Grandma and Grandpa Daniels. My Dad, Beth, and Rachel came that night and we all went to eat at Phil's BBQ. If you ever have a chance to go there you should! Many in the group claimed that it was the most fantastic BBQ they'd ever had.

Saturday was Zac's graduation and celebration, he is amazing, I'll post about that next. Sunday we got to go to our ward(church) for the last time and say goodbye to all our friends. I loved our ward so much, it was very hard to leave them, and California for that matter. Now it doesn't seem quite so bad because we're settled and we're really loving our new neighborhood, but before when the future was really blurry it was hard.

That afternoon we spent on Coronado Island with the whole group. We rented the big beach bikes and played in the sand and water a little. I think I ate the most delicious Pesto Chicken Sandwich of my life at the Hotel Del Coronado. We went downtown for dessert at Ghirardelli and the ice cream sundays were so yummy.

We tried to take one of those cute walking towards the water pictures and as you can see, Teagan was extremely compliant.
Proof that Dad, Beth, and Rachel were partying with us on Coronado Island. (I really slacked on the picture taking, darn it!) Rachel is 13! Where in the world did all the time go???

We appreciate everyone who came down to support Zac, it means a lot to him!

No comments: