So I have decided that happiness is a decision. Sometimes when I'm really mad I try to force myself to smile, it's strange how weird it feels and how unnatural. Sometimes it makes me laugh because it feels so strange. You could say that I'm stressing out. Next week is normal, then the next week 13 wonderful family members are coming to our place for Thanksgiving so that can be interpreted as stressful, but fun. The week after that is the week before we move so it's going to be nuts! Then we take our trip to San Diego that I won on the Price is Right with Zac's parents and mine for a little while until Zac graduates and then we drive to Blackfoot, Idaho.
You could say that there are a few details that we are trying to work out right now like finding a place to live, figuring out how to cook for a crowd who is already hesitant about a hippi cooking their Thanksgiving feast, tying up loose ends with my church calling, getting Zac licensed to practice PT....etc. And of course all the stress means that my darling boy has started wetting the bed again because he can sense it. Anywho. So I just have to decide to be happy, or there is a good chance that I'll go crazy.
Last night while I was making dinner (if you can call cheesy bread, cereal, and top roman dinner) I noticed that Teagan had gotten my camera, again, and was taking pictures. He is funny. He kept taking pictures of himself and looking at them and saying "Oh WOW! It's Teagan Bennington Daniels" and then he'd take another.
Teagan:"Mom, smile!"
Me: not paying attention
Teagan:"Mom, say CHEESE" (same tone that you would say "say cheese"
Me: not paying attention again (I know, I'm bad)
Teagan: "c'mon mom! Be happy face" (impatient at this point)
Me: see picture
I love him.
When Teagan is pretending to be Buzz Lightyear he pushes an imaginary button on his chest and sticks out his arms(wings) and flies around. We were patching up some holes in the garage and the toolbox was out and Teagan was "fixing" things. He got our attention and did his Buzz lightyear thing, but when he stuck out his arms he made a sound effect and collapsed his arms to his sides and said "oh no! my wings are broken." So Zac started getting tools and was pretending to fix him. Then we got the brilliant idea to tape our child to a metal rod. Teagan thought it was great. We removed it against his will when his hands started turning purple...

4 comments:
I should add that I'm REALLY excited for my family to come down for Thanksgiving! We are going to have a blast. :)
Wow, that is a lot of stress. It's amazing how much kiddos can sense! Good luck with the next few weeks. They'll be over before you know it. :)
Melissa, we can help with whatever you need help with. I realize that planning the meal is a TON of work, but please let us help with everything else! Good luck getting things figured out, and please let us know what we can do for you! See you soon.
I really want to come to your Hippi Thanksgiving!!! hehe This year we're heading to John's granparents' house in Oklahoma where we're having DEEP FRIED turkey. That's good for me, right? Aw well, I suppose I only live once. I'll eat good most of the time so I can go crazy some of the time :) Woo hoo!
Good luck with everything in the next few weeks my dear. Just tackle it all like the wonderful, strong and glorious woman you are. You've got this! Love you Melis. Smile :)
Oh yes - and Teagan is completely hilarious and adorable. I love his buzz lightyear wings. Too funny. haha
Post a Comment