I never seem to have any pictures of us with my mom or at her house, but we do go visit her and have tons of fun! I guess we're too busy having fun to take pictures or something.
This was an adventure she took us on to feed fish at this random little place off the ventura highway. It was so fun! There were about a trillion fish and you'd throw food in and they'd all attack each other, it was great!
Teagan thought it was hilarious and tried to steal all the food from the rest of us. On the way home we stopped at some roadside stands and got TONS of oranges, strawberries and honey that all mysteriously tasted like fish food. weird.
Teagan loves to paint. This is him doing a watercolor painting of one of my mom's creations. PS:I made his apron, isn't it girly? hahaha, he doesn't care though, what a good sport!
A couple weekends ago we built a fort in our living room, made popcorn, and watched Toy Story 2. Teagan was in heaven and we didn't mind laying on all the fluffy pillows either. :)Other fun things:
-Teagan is talking a TON these days. He is using 4 or 5 word phrases quite often now and is learning new words like crazy.
-Teagan LOVES the scriptures, he never lets us forget to read and his favorite part is acting out the stories.
-He is an all star with this whole health kick thing. He's learning to like, or at least try lots of different types of veggies. We aren't all the way there, but he's come a very long way.
-He says "oh yes" anytime we ask him a question
-He thinks its hilarious to pretend to burp and then cover his mouth and say excuse me
-He is potty trained, I don't even worry about it, I just wait for him to tell me it's time, what a new world this is!
-Teagan's favorite toys are his hotwheels cars. He plays with them everyday. He'll pull all the cushions and pillows off the couch and drive the cars through everything.-
-We're trying to get him excited about the trike our neighbors gave him, but all he cares about is his scooter, he can pedal a little but he gets bored so fast and just requests his scooter.
-He loves Buzz Lightyear and says "to infinity and beyond"


4 comments:
Thanks for the update on Teagan! Sounds like you've been having fun!
The health stuff is interesting, but I do love an update on Teagan. What a funny little boy. And that movie cracked me up, especially the first few seconds. Hilarious! I like hearing about the stuff you're reading. Let's hear some tips on getting Teagan to eat vegetables. I feel like our kids are just getting pickier.
Thanks for the updates, I love checking your blog to see all of you and what you are doing. That PX-90 or whatever it is called is a killer. Grant has done it off and on, I can hardly stand to watch, it is TOUGH! I can't believe you will be here next month! We are excited. Rachel will LOVE having you watch her model. She has been grand champion the last 3 years! See you soon!
Hi Melissa! SO great to hear from you and see your cute blog/family as well!
As far as the recipe goes, I would really try to use red wine vinegar for this one. It's a lot milder than regular vinegar and almost adds a sweet flavor. I find that I cook with it almost weekly, so hopefully you won't end up with a full bottle sitting in your pantry forever. :)
I would imagine the mustard substitute would be no problem, although I can't say I've ever tried it. I might add a little less than what the recipe calls for though-- Because regular mustard is more concentrated. If you're interested, there are quite a few substitute recipes online (like this one):
DIJON MUSTARD: For 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, use 1 tablespoon dry mustard mixed with 1 teaspoon water, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar.
Who knows how good they are, but it's worth trying, right?!? Good luck and happy cooking!
Alyssa
Post a Comment