Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Durtschi side family fun!


We loved the time we got to spend with the Lewis family this summer.  We went to see them for a week in July and they came to see us too.  It is always a highlight when we get to spend time together, especially for the moms.  

On our trip to Utah they took us to the Hogle Zoo which was so fun!  They have about 3 times as many animals as we have at our zoo and the kids loved it.  They also loved stealing my phone to take silly selfies.



One highlight of the zoo was watching a snake eat a mouse whole.  It was pretty disgusting and awesome all at the same time.  We may have lost a few items and children, but it was so great!


 The kids spent an entire day planning the wedding of the year for Ty and Adeline.  It was pretty hysterical to watch them put it together and I think all the participants enjoyed themselves fully.



They were planning to kiss on the lips and the big kids made sure to have them practice, but Julie and I had to slow down that crazy train and insist on only kisses on the cheek.  I laughed so hard I cried and I also felt like time stopped for a minute.  I realized that it won't be long before there are actual wedding and these summer cousin trips will be over and my kids will be gone.  That thought made me want to cry so I just enjoyed the amazingness of the day and decided to enjoy every moment that I could.

Not pictured is a lot of tennis playing.  Julie got us hooked on tennis this summer and it has been so fun!  We even started taking adult lessons.  I am loving tennis and enjoying it so much, thank you Julie for paving the way!

When the Lewis family came to Idaho there was still a lot of tennis playing, sometimes we played in the morning and the night.  It was so much fun!  We spent a few afternoons at Grandpa Durtschi's pond which the kids loved so much!  I can't believe I don't have more pictures, I mostly took videos.  He raised them up on the fork lift super high and then they jumped off, they also raced boats and shoved each other off of boats and did a lot of giggling.  I even got in and boated with ole pops for a little while.  I love being on the water!

Over the 24th of July we had a reunion with Grandma Packer.  It was so fun!  We went to Kidztown and everyone loved it so much.  It's basically a great big warehouse full of really fun imaginative play options.  Eloise loved running the ice cream store and Logan was her #1 customer.


Everly LOVED being pushed around in the little car and laughed and laughed!


Ty and Lily helped Everly fill up her car with gas, she was just wondering why her cart wouldn't move.   Not pictured:  everyone trying to pitch the fastest, jousting wars on the inflatable animals, and dress up



Afterwards, we went to jump off of the fun farm bridge where my mom grew up.  She said that when she was younger, her dad would climb all the way up to the very top and dive off!  So insane, Teagan must have gotten his adventurous spirit because he didn't even hesitate about jumping off!  He probably jumped 20 times that afternoon and the water was freezing.  Zac jumped off a few times and Eloise got so close.  She climbed down a few times, but didn't make the leap, maybe next time.  I stood at the bottom and took a million pictures and videos with a very unhappy Everly.  Teagan is in the orange shorts.  In this picture they were all supposed to hang on the wire and count to three and drop...it didn't quite happen at the same time, which made for a really cool picture!



No comments: