Entertainment when it is -10 outside is difficult. We were getting stir crazy (already! I know, it's only January 15th!) so when we had a warm (ish) day we were so excited. I shoveled the walk and Teagan played and pretty soon the whole neighborhood was over.
Eloise woke up and Teagan begged me to bring her out. They both LOVED being pulled in the sled by me. Eloise was giggling so much.
She didn't love it as much when Teagan was pulling and left her in a snow pile with snow all over her face. But, as always she was quick to forgive and forget.
Now that the temperatures have dropped we stretch our imaginations to find fun activities. The latest fun has involved turning on all of the zhu zhu pets (little motorized mouse/dog toys) and setting them free in the kitchen. Eloise tries to knock them over and Teagan tries to keep all of them going. This is the first time they've really "played" together. Both laughing and having fun. As annoying as it is to have those things constantly under my feet, I love to see them having fun!
We've been sick these last few days, today I witnessed a beautiful thing:
Teagan: "Mom, can me and Eloise watch Mickey Mouse?"
Me: "Sure"
He got the movie all set up by himself (I'm not proud that he can do that)
Eloise: crawls (so fast it's almost running! lol) over to him, pulls herself up on him and reaches for him to pick her up.
Teagan: picks her up and sits her down on the couch and invites her to watch the movie with him and "snuggle"
They sat like this for probably 10 minutes, it was so sweet. (Aren't they're outfits stellar??? Teagan picked them both out. :)
It helps me forget the time earlier today when Eloise was standing on his blanket and he yanked it out from under her and she fell HARD on her head. I'm sure he didn't think it through, but I'm starting to see hints of sibling rivalry coming out as Eloise becomes more mobile and more opinionated. Luckily they're best friends most of the time.
Last night Teagan was so furious because Eloise was wrecking his hot wheels track so I helped him solve the problem by blocking Eloise into the kitchen using a line of laid down kitchen chairs as a fence. Eloise promptly pulled herself up on a chair and waved at him and was "talking to him." After about one minute of playing alone he couldn't resist anymore and he made a secret entrance and taught her how to get over to where he was. It was fantastic.
I'm so glad they have someone to play with these days, they are buddies and it is wonderful.

2 comments:
I love this! So fun that they have each other--we were all noticing how big Ellie is! And that is my favorite that Teagan made a secret way for her to get through, so funny!
So sweet! I love that they were snuggling on the couch.
Post a Comment