Friday, June 17, 2011

Teagan needs this toy!

Ever find something really amazing that you REALLY want for your kid that is overpriced? Dang it. I want it so bad.

Teagan's half birthday is coming up and we're so excited. We didn't buy him a present on his birthday when he turned 3 (it's the day after Christmas) so now we are on the look out for the perfect gift. Zac and I both really want to get him a bike, we were into regular bikes with training wheels but we've hesitated because Teagan likes the idea of them but they freak him out once he gets on and he always goes back to more stable vehicles like trikes or scooters. I know he'll love a bike once he gets used to it, but I hate to force him....then the heavens opened and I saw a strider bike...

They call these babies running bikes. They are for 1-5 year olds and are "training bikes." As you can see there are no training wheels and no pedals.

Highlights:
-really low seat so Teagan can push himself with his feet. They push off the ground with their feet and slowly increase the time between pushes (kinda like a scooter).
-It trains kids to balance on two wheels which is the hardest part of riding a bike. So the transition to a bike with pedals is a lot easier.
-they are so cute!
-there's a foot rest so once they figure out how to cruise they can rest their feet.
-adjustable handlebars and seat.
-All the kids riding them in the videos on youtube are giggling and smiling like crazy and I know teagan would LOVE these!

Their website has a bunch of videos that you can watch....so fun!

But they want $100 for one little bike. Yikes. I looked for coupons and I'm keeping my eye out on KSL and craigslist, there are some off brand versions but they don't have good reviews and I don't want to buy a piece of junk. Anyone ever bought one of these or seen them in action? Any suggestions or tips?

3 comments:

Megan said...

What a great idea! I bet he would love it. Does anyone else in your family celebrate his June bday? If you split it up a few ways it would be very affordable. One big present from everyone! :) Kylie turns 4 next Sunday, can't believe it.

Unknown said...

My brother bought one from Walmart for 60 bucks and it's great! All of the little boys love to ride on it and it's good quality.

Unknown said...

My cousin got 2 for her twins, and they LOVE!!!!! them. Even the twin with ear problems (balance problems) can ride it very well. They push off, and glide for a minute, then they push off again. Watching them, I would definitely buy one.