Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Plants

These are my wonderful plants. You can't really see anything in the picture, but I promise they are getting bigger and delightful! I love my garden, I love working out there and watching the plants grow!



This is my basil, we ate it on pizza two days ago and it was SO good! It almost died, but it's starting to come back!


Out of about 23 strawberry plants all are dead but about 5, sad. The living ones aren't really thriving either, I think our soil might be horrible. I also heard that strawberries are tough to grow in Idaho, we'll see I guess.
This is right in front of our house, I have about 10 sun flower plants growing. They only get direct sunlight the second half of the day so I hope they make it!
This plant was here when we moved in. It's okay, but all the flowers tip over and look smashed...the color is beautiful though!

My thriving tomato plant. It is growing right out of the wall-a-water and it has about 10 blossoms that will hopefully bring tomatoes soon.
This is one of my apple trees. It is doing great! It had 10-15 blossoms and apples growing, last weekend we pulled them all off but 3 so that the energy could go towards building a strong trunk and root system. It's so exciting!
I bought 4 tomatillo plants and they all have about 50 bajillion blossoms. I'm going to be making a ToN of green cafe rio salsa this summer (hopefully)
And the crowning glory of the garden: The first Zucchinni is growing. You can see it at the bottom of the plant. Incredible.
We snack on the lettuce occasionally when we're outside and it tastes okay, i probably will try a different variety next year.


It is amazing to me to watch the food grow. Food is amazing. We pray for our garden to grow every day and I really feel like I've had some wonderful inspiration on how to help it along. When I follow the promptings things start growing better. It's like I'm partners with God in making these amazing plants grow. he tells me what to do and then takes care of the parts that I can't control. I'm so grateful for our garden.

3 comments:

Kim Sigety said...

So...check you out!!! Your garden looks AWESOME Melis. My favorite is the itty bitty cucumer...so cute. haha Can't wait till I have my own place to try my hand at gardening too. I know who to call for tips and tricks!

So proud my dear :)

Michelle Bell said...

Wow your garden is looking so good! Isn't gardening fun!? My mom had strawberries in Idaho, but I'm not sure what kind they were. After they were established they grew really well... I wanted to plant some here in Missouri but knowing we weren't staying here forever I hated to do all the work to establish strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and then leave them. Good luck with it! Your plants look awesome.

Brittany Webster said...

wow! that is great! good for you!