Teagan's been introduced to song parodies. He has discovered that replacing any word in a song with "poop," "guts," toot," and any other boy word is about as hilarious as it gets. His favorite:
"Sponge bob poop pants, sponge bob poop pants"
Wow.
I work tirelessly to teach him sweet songs and it takes forever for him to get it, but this one he had memorized in about 5 seconds flat.
So we've had SEVERAL talks about "bathroom words" and how we only use those words when we're using the bathroom.
He's pretty good, now he sings "sponge bob cookie pants" because "cookie is a yummy word."
The other day I heard singing in the bathroom and I put my ear to the door to hear him belting:
"Sponge bob poop pants, sponge bob poop pants"
I couldn't resist opening the door to peak at him. He said "Oh, hi mom, I'm singing sponge bob poop pants, do you want to sing with me. It's okay because we're in the bathroom." If I was a cool mom I would have said yes, but I said "no thanks." I had to leave so I could have a good laugh. Teagan is DEFINITELY a boy.

4 comments:
I love this story so much, Jeff and I had a laugh about this one!
That's funny! Kids are so awesome.
Melissa,
I am so so sorry that Ethan introduced this delightful song to Teagan. Teagan is so cute, though.
That is so funny, I love how they keep us laughing with their silliness and sweet little voices!
Post a Comment