Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pure Joy

It's been a WILD month, let me tell you. I've been away from my family way too much and I've missed them like crazy. In April I've:
-discovered that my camera is busted, sorry for the lack of pictures (anyone have a spare I can buy off you?)
-Taken my Price is Right trip to NY with my awesome sister Julie
-Packed up our whole house
-Showed the house about a million times
-Closed on my first home with my hubby
-Worked at a scrap booking show with my delightful mother in Mesa for a weekend
-was out of town moving weekend...don't know how I lucked out on that one (actually, I wish I could have been there, Zac was spent by the end of the weekend, and I felt bad!)
-unpacked the house
-Changed the wiring on the Dryer (this took about a full day between all the mess-ups with wrong cords and going back to stores)
-Started working the garden scene

It's only the 21st!!! Hopefully the rest of April is just laid back family time (except next weekend when Zac will be gone to another seminar, boo!). I need some Zac-Melissa-Teagan time. We need to enjoy our backyard together. I can NOT wait for Saturday, this week has been crawling. It will be our first stress free Saturday in a long time, we have big plans too! We have a list of all that we need to get for the house and we're going shopping!!! WHOOO! Then we'll pray for good weather and maybe just hang out in the backyard all afternoon and BBQ for the first time this year.

Yesterday my heart was so happy. Me and Teag were out prepping some flower garden areas. He was having a blast, he loves so much to be outside! We've always had a strict policy on wearing shoes outside. The grass we've had access to has always been laden with dog poop or invisible pee so I would never let him take off his shoes. I'm so happy to not have that issue anymore. Yesterday the following happened:

Teag: Mom can I take off my boots and let my feet feel the grass
Me: sure
Teag: carefully takes off boots and socks, and stands on our coats, touches the grass with one toe, and starts giggling. Steps off the coat with both feet, giggling the whole time. "It tickles!!!! I like this!" then he runs around the yard for a while and is just as happy and as giggly as they come.

It was pure joy for both of us. I love watching him discover new things for the first time, it's amazing to see his little brain working. I feel bad that he's had to wait this long to be able to run barefoot but I'm so grateful that we have a house now where he can. I wish so bad that I had caught the moment on camera
I wonder how my carpet will feel about the new discovery...eh, the carpet will just have to get over it (I wonder if I'll still feel this way after there are muddy footprints throughout the house...carpets can be cleaned, right?)

2 comments:

Julie said...

So happy you are in your new house, and I love that little Teagan! can't wait to see him!

Angie said...

I can't wait to see the new house. How exciting!