Well, we go to the library A LOT! We go to the pool A LOT! We are working on my shared garden A LOT! We are enjoying each other happily a LOT! We are selling A LOT!
Two things:
1. Teagan LOVES batman and I feel it deserves documentation. We found this book at the library that has 4 batman stories. It is a chapter book that has about 1 small picture per page. He will sit and listen to that book, while clinging to his batman action figure as long as we'll read to him. Then when we're done reading he wants to play batman. He says: "me-Batman, Dad/mom Robin, ok? yeah!" Then we have adventures and fight bad guys. He is pretty darn cute. This was just tonight.
Other things we've sold on craigslist: My whiteboard (don't be mad mom! We'll take you out to eat with the money!), kitchen bowls and baskets, about half of Teagan's toys, and as of tonight we sold Zac's Scooter! I've probably given half of my clothes and shoes to good will along with about half of my crafting stuff that I NEVER use. I think I've returned everything I've borrowed (mostly from my mom) except her bread pan... Only the everyday necessities or things that are really useful or high quality can stay.
We're saving the money and I think we're going to try to eventually save up enough for a nice computer or TV or baby depending on which route we decide to go...hehe (no this isn't an announcement).
I have never been happier, Teagan has never been happier, Zac is starting to have second thoughts about the TV ( I SWEAR it was his idea!) but he'll have another one soon enough and then he too will be very very happy. :) So things are going good. We have lots more time for each other and it's a very good thing.

4 comments:
We have never had a TV...but we do have a large monitor to watch movies on.
Sometimes Jeremy makes comments that I question, like the other day he said in order to reduce our montly bills we could drop the high speed internet. I asked him if he had hit his head or something...I will ask him about it again and a few weeks and he most likely will deny ever saying it....
Good for you guys! This makes me want to simplify!
I had lots of periods of life with no TV with small kids (and I mean no TV was in the house at all). I was amazed at how busy we were and wondered how everybody else could fit in TV in their lives. You'll love being TV-less. Talk to the Gammelins who are now on their 16th year of no TV with their kids. It's a good thing!!
i applaud you guys! i really do! it takes a lot to change old habits and de-clutter their lives and bodies... something most everyone in this world needs to do. maybe you have helped push me to rid more of my stuff even quicker! wish me luck!
Post a Comment