Friday, September 6, 2019

Happy 2nd Birthday Everly

This little girl has stolen all of our hearts.  She is talking a ton and knows exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to ask for it.  She loves to be doing.   If she doesn't have something constructive to work on her "doing" tends to destroy the house.

If I am ever working she is right next to me offering to help.  She loves to help cook and always reassures me when I tell her "it's okay, I don't need help" that "no, it's okay mom, I help you."  If I'm scrubbing toilets, she is right by my side, "it's okay mom, I help you."  She cleans up her toys and follows directions and is a pretty good little eater.  She also knows how to throw one heck of a tantrum and has been known to swing a fist or pinch a sibling who didn't give her what she wanted.  As the youngest she has learned to just walk up to whoever is holding what she wants and scream and grab for it.  We are hoping to break this habit ASAP, but until then, send prayers!





We attempted potty training and she did so amazingly well on the first day, but by day 2 or 3 she developed a stomach bug and was throwing up and miserable.  We quickly abandoned ship and rescheduled for January.  It was a nice attempt.





Her favorite foods are berries.  She will sit and chow down a whole bowl of any sort of berries, even if they are frozen.  Anytime we were out picking raspberries or strawberries in the garden, Everly could be found stealing them and eating them from our buckets.  Unfortunately, this left about 90% of her summer clothes stained with red juice down the front.

For her birthday we had a big day with soccer games and kids at school so we celebrated uniquely.  In the morning she opened her new Little People toy set up and then we went swimming at Apple with the Ivins.  Everly LOVES Creedence and Brittany so she was so excited to spend some time at the pool with them.  Then we got French fries for lunch, because she loves them so much.


The afternoon was full of soccer games, so we went to Reed's Dairy afterwards and she got to blow out candles on her scoop of ice cream.  She loved it so much and was excited to have lots of her grandparents there!  I am still feeling a little guilty that I didn't actually bake her a cake, poor youngest child...or maybe she is lucky and will learn resilience from the deprivation.  haha
Everly, you are adorable and make us laugh every day.  You give the sweetest hugs and kisses and your facial expressions are fabulous.  Happy Birthday little one!

No comments: