Tuesday, January 8, 2019

An Answered Prayer

We have started the new Come Follow Me Program that was introduced a few months ago in preparation for 2 hour church.  All these changes are so exciting and fun.  I feel like we are having a lot of success implementing the new ideas and seeing such a difference in our kids already and we are only 2 weeks in.  Along with the manual I got each of us a journal to write answers to questions and ideas as we study.  Eloise has had this growth thing on her toe for awhile.  I thought it was a wart and haven't been vigilant in remembering about it or looking closer.  The other day she was in the bath and I told her that it probably needed to be removed by a doctor and she flipped out, terrified.  The next day in scripture study we talked about Zacharias and Elisabeth and how they had prayed for a baby so we answered the question: "What is something big that you are praying or hoping for right now?"  Her answer was: "to git my toue better."  

Yesterday morning she woke up and the the whole thing had pretty much just fallen off or disappeared or something.  Eloise was ecstatic and kept showing everyone in our family her "miracle."  She was so excited and so were we!  

My favorite part happened today.  Yesterday I visited my Grandma, Lois Packer, and she sent me home with a little planner for Eloise since they almost have the same name.  Eloise was very excited to write in her daily planner every day, just like I do.  Yesterday she wrote "I play in the snow hill."  Then this morning after scriptures she wrote, without any prompting from us, "say thacue (thank you) to Jesus Christ."  She is such an example to me.  What a faithful, obedient, darling little girl she is.  






No comments: