Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Jamaica!

We had an AMAZING time on our trip to Jamaica with the Daniels family!  It was a blast and we all want to go back!  These pictures are not in order, but you can see that it was so fun!

The traveling was definitely not a highlight, but the kids did amazing, especially considering their ages and the length of the flights, I was really proud of them!

We arrived at about 11:30 pm and there was a guy making balloons and passing out drinks when we got there.  It was a great foreshadowing of all the good things to come!




The kids loved the fact that they could go between the sand and the pools all day long.  The sand was so fun to dig in and Teagan loved jumping the waves.  There were bars and restraints all over that we could get food and drinks from for free.  Teagan became an expert almost immediately and could always be found with a strawberry daiquiri in his hand.  






One day we went on a walk in the morning to see a cool bridge.  We ran into a guy that had been snorkeling for fish!  He had caught so many, it was pretty amazing!


This was the only picture that we got of the whole group!  Just missing Quinn and Grayson (they were too little and stayed home with their grandparents).




Collin is the little boy in the background.

Adeline was a little social butterfly and made friends with a few other kids while we were there.  I can't remember this first boy's name, but the second one was Collin and they were inseparable.  She spent several hours a day playing with him in the sand and on the water slides during the day and running through the grass at night.  When it was time to go she got mad and refused to say goodbye.  It was kind of sad.


Everly was so good the entire time and was satisfied with naps and food on the go.  She loved all the people and loved that everyone was constantly talking to her and giving her attention.  Once we got home and she wasn't constantly being held she got a little cranky, but she has adjusted back to normal now.

Eloise loved the drinks to and asked for an icee everytime we passed by a bar.  It was the best!

Each night we ate at a different restaurant.  I think this one may have been my favorite!  It was right on the beach and had such a gorgeous view!


One of my personal highlights was wind sailing!   I somehow convinced an apprehensive Teagan and Taylin to go with me on the first day (it was pretty windy).  We got out there and the boat was just flying because of the wind!  We were catching air over each wave and Teagan and Taylin were so scared!  They were very near tears, begging to turn around.  I was having the time of my life and couldn't stop laughing, it was so fun!  I was able to go out again the next day with Sheena and Adam and Zac and it was still really fun, but not as windy so it was a little slower.  It was really fun.  Teagan got to also try the water tricycle and saw a sting ray with Uncle Adam.



By the end of the week everyone was getting tired.  Adeline fell asleep many times in the stroller, at meals, and anywhere else she could lay down.

I even fell asleep in a restaurant one night with Everly while we waited for our food.  Sooooo sleepy.

Everly learned to sleep just about anytime anywhere.

The kids spraweled out on the beds and didn't ever budge all night, they were exhausted from all the playing!

On our last full day it was a Sunday and we decided to divide and conquer.  Zac took Eloise and Teagan on an excursion to climb a waterfall in the jungle.  It was only for ages 6 and up because there was some swimming involved.  It was really cool and they all loved it!

While they were excursioning, Me and the little girls went to church in Montego Bay.  It was such a cool experience.  We hired a taxi to take us and it was about 30 minutes away.  We were driving all over these crazy streets and I thought we were going to be lost for sure.  We got to a church and I about got out, but when he asked they said that it wasn't the right one.  Down the street we found another but there was no-one outside to ask so I just ran over and peeked through the window.  I could hear them singing the opening song and I recognized it and knew that we had found the right place.  Right in the middle of a scary looking town I felt so much peace.  It was testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong.  Each person had so much conviction.  I wanted to go up, but there was a line the entire time.  Even with that tiny congregation.  Afterward this young man came over and asked me for "sweeties" I eventually realized he wanted candy and treats or gum.  He tried to get Adeline to share her gum but she wouldn't, it was pretty funny.  Then he asked to play on my phone and then when that proved to be boring he asked to hold Everly, he was sure a crackup.  I wish I still knew his name!  











It was SO sad to leave, we were not ready and would have stayed for another few months before we got sick of vacationing.  The flights home were fine and we survived.  We got right to planning our next adventure.  Family trips are my new favorite thing!



No comments: