Teagan decided to run the Tator Trot race this year as part of Shelley's Homecoming and Spud Day weekend. Through a series of unfortunate events, mostly involving mistakes and miscommunications made by me (I had the wrong time, I was making Salsa at Brians and forgot to leave the door open for Teag...), he had to catch a ride with the neighbors and didn't have a chance to change into running clothes before the race. He didn't seem to mind though. Zac and I raced across town to be there in time and showed up just before his age group.
Teagan did so awesome, he pushed so hard and was able to pace himself and pull past several kids during the race. We were so proud of him. When he finished the race we were telling him how great he did and he said, "you'll be even more proud to know that I got 104% on my spelling test today!" And he was right, we were so proud of him! He worked so hard on spelling and it paid off!
A few thought on Teagan:
1. He wasn't upset and hardly even noticed the neglect of me locking him out of the house and leaving him in jeans for a race. It didn't rattle him, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "it's okay." He is easy going, I love that!
2. The look on his face when he told us about spelling was so priceless, he was so proud and happy. It just made me melt. He loves to be successful and he can do anything. I just think the world of my boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment