Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tomatillos

We realized that the tomatillos were suddenly ready. We picked a huge bucket full and the kids had fun "opening the presents" or peeling off the tomatillo skins.


Adeline loved opening them and then chucking them across the lawn.  I think Eloise thought it was hilarious and Teagan was torn between being frustrated and laughing.

We had about 20 lbs when all was said and done. Wow!

Hopefully this salsa verde turns out to be good on enchiladas and other mexi foods because we made 17 pints! I 

I love to have the kids keeping me company as I harvest and preserve our garden food! They love to help harvest and are pretty good sports about peeling tomatillos and shucking corn, but when it comes to the cooking in the kitchen I guess I'm on my own.  They are learning the value of hard work. We work hard in the garden and we get so much out of it. It's pretty magical!

No comments: