Saturday, July 25, 2015

BYU-I

Zac had the brilliant idea to take the kids on a tour of our old stomping grounds at BYU-I.  We started by driving by the different places that we lived and showing the kids where our family began.  Then we headed to BYU-I for a campus tour.  It was summer break so it was fantastic that the kids could ride scooter/bikes and have free reign.  Unfortunately, most of the buildings were locked up so we couldn't show them where we worked and went to class.



Addy spent most of the day pushing the wagon.  She loved it and was so happy!  The math building was still open so we went in and I was amazed that the display case that I decorated and designed for a project was still there.  I'm not going to lie, I was very proud.  Unfortunately, no picture.

I found it interesting that the highlights for the kids were so simple.  Getting to pick a candy from our favorite vending machines was a hit!  They also loved playing air hockey and pool in the new Manwaring(sp?) center.  It was such a wonderful day!

After BYU-I we took them to Porter Park where we would go to play tennis early in our marriage.  We told them about how we would ride our bikes to school every day to save on gas money and pass by that park.  We were so good that we could ride the whole way to school with no hands.  I even did it when I was really pregnant with Teagan.  I told them about how I would imagine what it would be like to take my kids to Porter Park.  To let them play on the splash pad and go on the merry-go-round.




As it turns out, it was better than I had imagined.  These kids are pretty awesome!

 The grand finale was to stop at Del Taco and get blueberry bavarian cream empanadas.  We used to treat ourselves each to one when we went to the temple or on a date.  It was so fun to share those memories with our kids and actually show them what it was like when we were first married.  It's hard to believe that there was a time without kids.


No comments: