One of these days someone is going to get hurt with all the rough housing that goes on around here, and it will probably be this happy little lark who lays/sits quietly observing her wild siblings.
Teagan and Eloise got really into this game where Eloise tries to hit Teagan with a mop and he uses my couch pillows as a shield. Whose idea was this??? I have no idea, but I promise it wasn't mine.
Me: Oooh, this game looks dangerous, Eloise, let's not hit Teagan with the mop, that could really hurt him.
Teagan: Actually, I love it when she hits me with the mop, well, not me, the pillow.
Me: And what if you don't block in time and she gets you?
Teagan: Oh, that could never happen because she is too slow and I am too fast. (compelling argument there)
Eloise: Yeah, he loves me to hit him with the mop.
I let them play a little longer, just to get these pictures for documenting purposes. It was pretty entertaining to watch, but I had to stop it, my inner mother just had to put an end to the violence.
I love that even with a 4 year age gap, these two can still find fun games to play together. Eloise loves to go along with Teagan's big ideas and he is pretty good to play soft with her. (Notice that he wasn't trying to get her with the mop). Everyday while Teagan is at school, Eloise asks, "Where is Teag? At school? Will he be home soon?" She loves him so much. I hope they stay buddies forever!


No comments:
Post a Comment