Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Random Christmas Fun

Our family loves Christmas time.  As soon as Thanksgiving passed, we moved right on to Christmas. Teagan and Eloise loved helping to set up the Christmas tree.  Teagan always made a goal of getting the ornaments as high as possible, while Eloise loved putting them all in little bunches on the bottom branch.  Let me tell you, this tree belongs in a Christmas catalogue.



We noticed that the tree was a little bare so while the girls slept, Teagan and I had a lot of fun making homemade ornaments.  It was so fun to just chat and get excited about each others projects and enjoy some down time together.  We made trees, stars, a snowman, sled, and a santa.  Teagan made such a good santa!  He was so proud of himself and said "this looks like an ornament you could buy at the store."  He carried it around for a couple days and asked people, "do you think this was bought from a store, or do you think I made it?"  He is my favorite.

As always we made gingerbread houses.  Teagan has discovered that if he puts tons of candy on the house, he can eat it later on, so he really decked his out this year.

Eloise bypassed the formality of making a house and just ate candy the whole time.

I'm so bummed we didn't get a picture of all three kids with Santa this year.  Teagan was with his Daniels Grandparents, but at least we got a picture of the girls.  Eloise was so excited and loved talking to Santa about what she'd like for Christmas.  Adeline didn't scream so we count that as a win.



The Christmas devotional is always a fun family event during December.  This year I was left wanting more heartwarming Christmas stories...does that make me immature?  I just love those fabulous Christmas stories that they usually tell during the devotional.

Our ward had an awesome Christmas party!  They had a live nativity and the kids got to ride the horse/pony.  They also had a hay ride, musical talent show, scones and dinner.


I let Eloise hold Adeline for a ride.  Eloise was holding on tight and Adeline was giggling so I tried to take a video of the cuteness.  Then Adeline started slipping and I barely grabbed her in time...oops.  She was a little unhappy about almost falling off a horse.

After the Christmas party we took Eli and Jordan Heath with us to see the awesome Christmas light show over in Iona.  It is so fun, we love those Christmas lights so much!

A few Sundays before Christmas we realized that we were all really matching for church so I announced that we needed a picture in front of the tree.  We were on the verge of being late to church (we always seem to be, especially on Sundays when I want a picture), so we set up a timer on Zac's picture and posed for a quick one.  We only had time for one try, can you believe that we're all looking at the camera and happy?!?  This picture turned out better than our professional pictures.  Go figure.
I'm realizing that the reason we love the Christmas season so much is that we are doing things as a family.  It doesn't really matter what we're doing, just that we're spending time together.

No comments: