Heaven Gained a fabulous woman a few weeks ago. Zac's Grandma Laree (his mom's mom) had a heart attack and passed away at the hospital. It was such a huge shock to all of us. The doctors were able to bring her back a couple times, but we all decided that once she got to heaven and her pains and aches were gone and she was able to see her 9 siblings and parents, she wasn't interested in being brought back. We will miss her so much, but are happy that she gets to live pain free now.
I was able to put together a slide show for her funeral services and it was really great to see her life through pictures. One day we'll have to search her house for more pictures from her early life. She really was an incredible woman. She was involved at her school, on her and grandpa Reed's farm, with her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Here she is fresh from high school and engaged to grandpa Reed.
Here they are on a big family trip to Disney Land. (Sheena, Shaylee, Adam, Zac, Stacy, Grandma)

At Zac's Baptism. (Grandma Laree, Aunt Stacy, Zac, Grandpa Reed)
Zac's high school graduation.
Zac's mission farwell. (Cousin Sara, Grandpa Reed, Aunt Stacy, Zac, Grandma Laree).
Here are grandma and Stacy with baby Teagan.
And again with Eloise, they sure love these babies.
I was so sad and disappointed that I was never able to get a picture of grandma with Adeline. They weren't at the hospital and by the time we were on the cruise Adeline wasn't too keen on being held.This was on the cruise as Grandma and Grandpa Casper celebrated their 60th anniversary.
The funeral was bittersweet for me. It was sad to have to say goodbye, I can't imagine that part ever being easy, but I loved listening to Grandma Laree's life sketch and the memories from her grandchildren. I learned so much about her. She was amazing. I realized that I wished I had heard those stories from her, personally. We still have 3 living grandparents and we've decided to commit to making them a bigger part of our lives. To visit more often and ask about their past, to hear about their lives from their own mouths.
First order of business was getting a picture of Adeline with her Great-Grandpa Reed. I may be biased, but I think he has a soft spot for her. She seems to be his favorite. :)
Here were most of the Casper cousins at the funeral. (Eloise, Taylin (Adam), Ridge (Sara), Adeline, Ryker(Sara), Teagan, Zoey (Adam), and Cole (Shaylene). They have so much fun together.
I'm so grateful that we have the knowledge that life doesn't end with death. It makes saying goodbye easier, knowing that we will see grandma again.






No comments:
Post a Comment