Saturday, June 15, 2013

We are Building a House!

We are building a house in Shelley, Idaho and are really excited and a little nervous about it.  My dad is making it all possible with his know how and donation of his summer/fall to our project.  We're going to do as much work ourselves as possible so it will be a huge learning process for the whole family.

  While we were waiting for plans and permits to get ready we headed up to Bone to get some lumber for some parts of the house that required unusual boards.

Teagan enjoyed exploring and was ready to fight off any bears or other wild beasts with all the sticks he gathered.
I was the scout and went to find nice straight, big, dead trees.  Then Zac and my dad chopped them down and de-limbed them.
 Both kids wanted to help drive the excavator around.

It's hard to see, but this is Eloise helping Grandpa pull the log down the mountain to our trailer.

We ended up with some great lumber.  It's a great feeling to make trees into a house, I feel like such a pioneer!  I can't imagine doing it without chainsaws, excavators, trucks, trailers, and sawmills though, so I guess you can't exactly call us pioneers.


No comments: