I've been wanting to put up pictures, but I have been so busy. Blogging is the last thing on my list of things I need to do, since it is not a basic need of survival. But today I had a minute so I thought I'd hurry. These are completely out of order...
 |
| Grandma and Stacy with Eloise, she is a few days old here. |
 |
| We had a fun easter egg hunt with the Durtschi family on the Saturday before. These two boys are pretty silly. |
 |
| Cousins are awesome! |
 |
| I love that Zac got a picture of him mid leap, he was SOOO excited to find eggs! |
 |
| I was there! So was Zac, there are hardly any pictures of him... |
 |
| Easter morning was a little hectic so these are the best pictures I got of the kids, we did do Teagan's hair for church. |
 |
| Here she is a few days old with her cousins Grant and Lily and uncle Brian. We loved having them come visit and bring dinner, I love having family close by! |
 |
| Teagan is reading his FAVORITE book to Ellie, he is always wanting me to set her next to him so he can "play" with her. |
 |
| Teagan LOVES to hold Eloise. It is a little scary sometimes when he wants to carry her around, but he is getting better and better. He loves having another person to socialize with. |
 |
| More visitors after she was a few days old, cousin Kai and Uncle Jake. |
 |
| Eloise doesn't have very many bottles, but when she does Teagan is SO excited to help feed her. She is such a great eater, I feel so lucky! |
 |
| So dainty and angelic, if I do say so myself. |
 |
| We love to pamper our kids when it comes to bath time. Warm towels, heaters, and warm lotion make for a very happy baby. I'm convinced that this nightly ritual helped Teagan when he was tiny and Ellie now to learn when night starts. |
 |
| My mom came for a glorious week of fun. I was able to take lots of naps and really recover. Her and Teagan gave Eloise her first bath after the cord fell off. |
 |
| The mullet, I had to include a picture, I think I'm going to start braiding it, wouldn't that be pretty? |
 |
| Just in the last couple days she has gotten SOOOO smiley. All it takes is a little eye contact and a smile and this girl smiles with her whole face. |
 |
| Sweet Girl. |
Random stuff-
-Eloise is sleeping from 8 or 9 pm to anywhere from 2-5 am. She gets up once, eats, gets reswaddled and goes right back to sleep until morning. So I'm getting wonderful sleep and I feel like I'm really getting to enjoy this newborn stage, what a blessing! She's been doing that since she was a week old (she's even been sick this week).
-Teagan is doing okay with the adjustments. I'm definitely having a harder time figuring out how to meet his needs then Ellie's, which is not what I expected. He is super sweet to Eloise all the time, which I'm grateful for, but he is definitely pushing limits with Zac and I. I can tell he's having some insecurities (for obvious reasons) so I'm really trying to care less about how clean the house is and give him more hugs and attention, but it is SO hard when you're trying to juggle taking care of 2 kids, and a whole house. Most days I'm happy if I can get showered and can get 3 meals for my family, everything else is a bonus. It's hard letting go of things that I really like so that I can give my kids the attention they need and I'm definitely not perfect in that department. I hope things are slowly getting better.
- I listened to conference hoping for inspiration on how to help Teagan and teach him. The opening song was about being happy and it really hit me and I knew that was what I needed to do. So I'm trying to smile more, it makes a WORLD of difference. If I'm smiling, Teagan, Zac, and Eloise are all happier and so am I. Who knew that it was so simple...if only I could remember to do it all the time. :)
-I have gained a new appreciation for Zac, especially at bedtime. I've had to do bedtime alone one time and it was so hard, I'm SO grateful for him and that he helps without being asked or begged. What a superstar. (he's not complaining about the food either, bless him!)
-Life is good, I've made several ventures out into public and I've decided I'd rather just stay home, being out with 2 by myself is just silly.
-Zac should be working full time in Idaho Falls soon, we are SOOO excited. 7:30-5 here we come!!!!
Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
I love this post! Little ellie is dressed so cute in every picture. Here's to each day being easier with two kids. I didn't even know the boys were jumping off the porch at Easter! And Yay for Zac being in IF all week! I think I need another appt!!
She is adorable. She looks so much older in the last pics. Way too cute! I know what you mean about letting things go. I need to do that more too!
She is so cute!!! Congrats! I agree with you, the house can wait, even though it drives me crazy to have it messy. Our kids grow so fast and I want spend as much time with them as I can! You are doing great!
Post a Comment