Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Keeps you motivated?

I know what keeps me motivated....weighing 8 pounds less today then I did one week ago! I usually don't talk about weight in terms of scales, because my weight fluctuates a ton from day to day, but EIGHT pounds!?!!? That is just a little unreal for me. I've been rather annoyed at my scale lately. In about 6 or 7 weeks I slowly went from the low 130's to 141.5... Note that this is while I'm on a pretty intense workout program, so yes, I was annoyed.

Then all of the sudden my weight has gone down. Every morning I'm a pound or more lighter and I'm a little shocked! What could I have possibly done to make this happen??? Here are my theories:

1. I started a new exercise program 2.5 weeks ago that is very different from what I've done in the past. It's all interval training and my whole goal is to get my heart rate going up higher. Apparently it was a good move.

2. During my "special" time of the month I always gain a couple pounds so part of the weight loss is me just getting back to "normal."

3. I've been trying to drink more water.

4. Did I mention to anyone my diet change? Yes, I gave up processed foods and I've been stuffing my face with unlimited fresh, organic fruits and vegetables and whole grains.

My theory: I was doing almost everything right and my body just wouldn't let the weight go because I wasn't eating right. As soon as I made the diet change my body was getting all the nutrients that it needed and the weight is coming back off. So if you're having a hard time loosing weight you should try the no-processed food diet cause it is working wonders for me!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations! I would love to weigh 8 lbs less. How? Fruits, vegies, bread? What a great reward for working so hard. That is awesome!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

holy crap!! that is crazy! I am trying to loose weight too and it is coming off slowly but I want to loose eight pounds! I think I need to kick up my work out routine. Nice work!

daegan said...

good job melissa! i bet you FEEL great too! i'm a big whole grain/fruit and raw veggie eater... but MAN... i cannot quit my sweet tooth or my desires to bake! i try to bake whole wheat cookies... then i don't have to feel quite so bad right? ;)

Veronica said...

Congrats! that is awesome, I will keep that in mind for when I need to lose all the baby weight I have gained!!!

Julie said...

I haven't answered this question because the truth is, I'm trying to figure that out! I am so impressed with how good you have been doing for a really long time too! You are just on the ball!

Katrina said...

That is awesome! Great job! I think I've read somewhere that losing weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise . . . don't quote me on that because I might be remembering it wrong, lol. Hopefully Myer will let me wean soon and I'll be following in your tracks. :)