Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cute Guy

I haven't been updating my blog lately because I have been tooo distracted with a few new fun things.

1. I'm really taking this eating healthy thing to a new level, I went to the library and found some good books to read about nutrition so I've been spending my blog time reading good literature.

2. I've been spending more time making food, who knew that eating healthy was going to require a time committment? And if I don't want to just ignore Teagan all the time I need to get meal stuff done during his nap, which means less blog time.

3. I re-read "Love and Logic," the BEST parenting book ever. It seriously has made my life so much better. It has taught me how to handle Teagan without breaking a sweat. I don't have to scream and yell to get him to obey, just take action. He is learning so fast and has been such a sweet heart ever since I've buckled down on the discipline. There are of course moments when I'm being lazy or he hasn't slept enough, but our lives are good.

4. In my attempts to be a better mom, I'm trying to spend some quality time with Teagan. We went to the library and got tons of books about A things and B things. This picture is of him on A day. We made the Alligator paper bag puppet (he ripped off the eyes) that is eating Apples and read books about Apple trees and Alligators.

Today started B day. We Decorted a huge letter B with blue buttons, blue balls and mini b's. Then we read books about birthdays and blueberries. He LOVES it. It is quality time together and I think he's learning!

So that's what we've been up to. Well, Me and Teagan at least. Zac has been wowing all the Physical Therapists at his internship. He's been working with stroke patients and is 2.5 weeks in. He Graduates in less then 7 months! Whooooooo! Hopefully I'll have more pictures to post s0on.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! I am so impressed! What a cute idea with the A and B day. Good for you on the healthy foods too!

Julie said...

You are such a good mom. I think I am going to do some decorating of cute puppets today. And you're really making me want to eat more healthy. I'll have you know I filled up my big water bottle with filtered water last time. And I really am wanting to start running. You are just doing good all around! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

your such a good mom! i am loving that you are making food. i want to know what you have been making!! your little guy is adorable......