Friday, April 11, 2008

To explain the poll

Today I was cleaning up a little and I realized that I WAY overuse all of my cleaning supplies. I used probably 10 clorox wipes to clean the toilet and I think I used an entire thing of toilet cleaner. When I was done I had used about 5 rags. The dish soap part is just because I always use a ton so that there will be a lot of bubbles.

I am out of control! Now as a math person I wonder how much extra money that costs us a year becasue I am frivolous when it comes to cleaning. If I clean each toilet once a week using 10 wipes each when I really could use 2 wipes each that is 16 wipes a time! That is 832 wipes a year! That is about 11 containers of the wipes!!! Those are like $3-4 a piece!!! $30-$40 on cleaning a toilet!?! Shouldn't somebody be paying me to clean the toilet??? All I can say is, at least I clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner it is the best and its cheap I myself like to follow up with the Lysol spray! Rags are great to use I was reminded about this by my favorite old neighbor lady.
Rebekah

Julie said...

Melissa--I thoroughly enjoyed it. To tell you the truth, I didn't think it was funny-just a real life application of math (and your students ask how we can use math in real life!) Actually it is pretty hilarious--thanks for a good laugh. Have a good weekend and see you next weekend!