I have been working so hard on vision therapy all year. I started in August of 2018 and I'm still going strong. The more I learn, the more I am aware of my kids and their vision. Just to be sure I took all four kids in to see eye doctors. All three girls checked out great and seem to have excellent 20/20 vision for now.
Teagan wasn't quite as lucky. His vision was 20/20, but he was seeing some double. He had mentioned a few times that the words on the pages of his books would move around and switch places when he was reading. He would blink and shake his head and it would make the words move back in place.
We got him in at my eye Doctor, Dr. Dan, and he got some glasses and did 16 weeks of vision therapy. He became a pro at crossing his eyes and he said it made it way easer to read books and music. Now his poor spelling makes sense, he was seeing the word as a whole, but the individual letters would move around. Now the words stay put, but we just have to reteach him those basic spelling skills. Way to go Bud!
Hopefully, 2020 will be the year that I join the kids and finally see 2020 (well technically I'm going for way better than just 2020!).







No comments:
Post a Comment