Friday, January 5, 2018

Thrush

Me and Everly have been struggling with thrush.  Okay, I have been the one struggling.  She is fine.  In our many attempts to rid ourselves of it's grasps we broke out the gentian violet.  It is a dark dark purple (looks black in the bottle) liquid that you put inside baby's mouth to get rid of thrush and it stains EVERYTHING.  She looked like she had a goatee because it would leak out of her mouth with drool.  It stained several outfits and blankets as well.  

One of the times I put it in her mouth I didn't twist the lid on all the way.  I actually had the thought, "you should hurry and put that lid on before you forget."  Well, I did not listen to that prompting and at some point it was knocked onto the ground and was not discovered until the entire contents and had had plenty of time to soak deep into the carpet.  This picture was taken after I soaked through about 20 rags that I would rinse and soak up again. When I first discovered it, it was a black spot.  I finally borrowed my friend Stacy's carpet cleaner to try to clean it up.  It was seriously a disaster.  It stained all the brushes on her carpet cleaner and spread the purple into a much larger region.  After several hours and changing the water tank about 20 times, I got it to the point where it is just a dull purple.  I learned an important lesson.  Listen to promptings the first time!!!  And if you don't, there is always repentance, but it takes a long time and can be really horrible, so just do the right thing in the beginning.


No comments: