We had such a fun time at the Durtschi reunion last weekend. I definitely didn't take enough pictures, but here are a few that I have. Adeline loves grandpa Durtschi and she made us all laugh when she snuck next to him and he snuck her candies. She kind of got on a sugar high hand started acting pretty funny. We sure love her.
A highlight was going to bear world. We got to see a ton of bears up close and afterwards there was a little amusement park and petting zoo. Everything is more fun with cousins!
All three kids LOVED the rides and couldn't get enough. Adeline definitely hesitated at first, but after the first ride she was hooked. Teagan and Eloise ran around from ride to ride with their cousins and had zero hesitation. They are already roller coaster addicts.
There aren't any pictures of us playing on the pond for hours every day. That was the favorite part of the reunion for everyone, oh, and lots of slammo/spike ball.
On the last day I wasn't very smart and I played spike ball a ton and played on the kayak a ton. I ended up putting myself into labor (35 weeks!) I started having contractions every 5 minutes and that went on for an hour or two, then all the sudden they went from every four minutes to every 3 minutes and I got scared so we abandoned the home remedies (drinking lots of water and putting my feet up) and headed to the hospital. They gave me a shot and checked me (I was at a 2) and the contractions started becoming irregular and not hurting so much so they sent me home. I had a few contractions throughout night that woke me up and scared me so I took the day off and rested. I was super sore...perhaps from contractions or from all the physical activity. I am feeling good now though, with a renewed urgency to get ready for this baby to come. I got my bag packed, now I just need to make her blanket and pick out a name. yikes!

No comments:
Post a Comment