Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Let the Summer Fun Begin!

We are so excited for summer break!  We are only three days in, but I'm so excited for a relaxing and fun summer.  

We are trying to get settled on a good routine and I think we're getting pretty close to perfect.  We get all of our chores done early before it gets hot and then the kids have "family fun time" until lunch.  This essentially means that there are no neighbors allowed so the kids are forced to love each other and spend time together.  Haha.  They actually have so much fun together and love the family time.  Then we eat lunch and I read with each person.  Right now I'm trying to teach Eloise to read so that is our time to read the "Dick and Jane" books.  She is getting so good, I'm so proud of her.  Then I read outloud to Teagan and Eloise while Addy goes to sleep.  Right now we are reading "The False Prince" and so far we are all hooked, it is really good!  Then the big kids get to watch a movie and I either take a nap or run an errand.  Everyone is delighted with this arrangement.  Then they get to just run free and wild all afternoon until dinner.  Millions of kids everywhere, swimming pools, roller blading, basketball, chalk, sprinklers, popsicles, pretty much any kid's dream come true.  




I love getting to have more time with my kids, especially Teagan since he is so busy during the school year!  Bring on summer!!!

No comments: