This year Julie, Whitney, and I decided to have a big Halloween party in Salt Lake. We each made a few amazing desserts (cake balls, caramel apples, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin roll, pumpkin cobbler, peanut butter cups) and then we played some minute to win it Halloween games. It was so fun! I seriously love the girls! I think we want to make this one a yearly tradition!
Zac's work has a fun Halloween carnival every year so we went to enjoy the festivities. Zac's therapy department was in charge of a spook alley, which turned out so cool! They also had a cake walk, carnival games and so so many sweets! The kids had a blast. Addy was a cat, Eloise a monkey and Teagan was a Harry Potter character.
For the actual trick or treating on Halloween we did our usual routine of going around our ward boundaries to people that we know. It was really fun and the kids are at such perfect ages.
Adeline was dressed as a pig and she acted a little bit like a miss piggy. It was hilarious, at every house she kept saying "I need a little bit more candy" after they dropped a piece into her bucket. The people always thought she was the cutest and tried to give her more. I was caught somewhere between thinking she was adorable and being mortified at her bad manners. She's only 2, right? We'll work on it for next year.
Eloise started as a flower but couldn't handle the "scratchy hat" so she changed back into the monkey costume right before we left. This funny little girl does not like her clothes to feel scratchy!
Teagan was an awesome version of Snape from Harry Potter. He even whittled away his own magic wand to complete the outfit. His poses are seriously the best!
I love Halloween with kids. Going door to door and seeing friends and watching the kids' faces light up every time they get a candy, the shrieking for joy when they get a juice box or big candy bar, the sprinting from house to house and sorting the candy when we get home. It really is such a fun night.









No comments:
Post a Comment