For Memorial Day we went to Teton Valley and spent the day with family. First, we went and visited graves with Grandpa Casper and the Daniels side of the family. The kids loved being with their cousins and hearing the stories about their grandparents.
Taylin is like the little mother for all the kids and Adeline just loves her so much!
Here were all the big kids (Quinn was being held) in the back of the truck with Grandpa Reed Casper.
We went back to Kurt and Shelly's house for a BBQ. There was a lot of bounce house fun, football playing, and yummy food! It was pretty good weather too so that was really fun.
Adeline desperately needed a nap so I took her inside to sleep. She just barely was getting used to a regular bed so when I put her in the big bed she changed her mind and wanted to sleep in the baby crib. I put her to bed and thought she'd go right to sleep. Once we were outside I went to the window and peeked in at her a few times. At first she was just laying there, but then she got wild. She took all the Mickey Mouse Decals off the wall and threw them on the floor and was flipping the light on and off. She was thrilled! This was her first discovery with the amazingness of a light switch since she is normally too short to reach. I decided to throw in the towel and just keep her up. She was way too excited to sleep at that point.
Always a fun adventure trying to take care of kids at someone else's house. There is a reason I'm such a homebody, I love nap time and schedules and routines and going away from that usually just means we abandon all those things which makes us all cranky. I do think I'm getting better at going with the flow though...slowly. Maybe I'll have it mastered in time for the kids to head off to college.
Either way, it was a fun day and we enjoyed spending the time with family!

No comments:
Post a Comment