Adeline has discovered the toilet. If the bathroom door is open she is in there playing in the water. I almost can't write this because it makes me sick, but her favorite thing to do is, gulp, dip things in the toilet that will absorb the water, like a doll or towel or blanket, and then suck on them. Gross!!! Last time she came walking in the living room sucking on her doll hair and splattered with water, I about died and had a very serious talk with the family about shutting the bathroom door.
Toys in the toilet, water splashed on the floor and tracked down the hall, wet baby, wet toys; these things describe life with a 16 month old.
But she sure is cute, it's hard to stay mad for too long. And she loves apples and says "apple" so clearly. And her eyes are so beautiful they'll stop you right in your tracks. And she tries to make jokes and she will eat anything. I think we'll keep her.

No comments:
Post a Comment